1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 04:06 PM
pssssst
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank

crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank is all i have heard from my neon the last month. cranks with no start...replaced battery terminals, checked all grounds, new cam sensor... and still same non running car. What next?????????????????????????? i really need to drive this car cause im bout to go over miles in my lease so i need help asap thanks every1

Old 10-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Default RE: crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank

Well, If it is cranking, your grounds and terminals are ok. First, I would pull off the connector to the coil pack, spend the money on a good test light, I have an actron from advance and I think it was around $15 bucks. Now that you have that, look at the coil pack plug. The center wire will be green/orange, then the two side wires will be tan/blue and grey/black. Put the test light into the green/orange wire and then clamp the other end on the negative (-) battery terminal, have someone turn the key on. When you hear the fuel pump, the test light should light up and then go off after a couple of seconds. Then have them crank it and it should light back up. If that is good, move the test light to the two side wires. Put the test light into one, then clamp the other end on the positive or negative terminal, I forget which one so you may have to try both. I think it is positive though. Then, have someone turn it over a few times, and it should blink. If not, then that is your problem. Which is the same problem I have had for the past year[:@]

Old 10-10-2007, 09:52 PM
kris95neonspt
Professional
Default RE: crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank

Are you getting fuel to the car it might be the fuel pump heres what to do crank the car for a couple of secs then in the middle of the fuel rail push that thing that looks like a valve stem center and see if fuel comes out but don't have your face in front of it because it will fly out.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:33 AM
12 volt
Record Breaker

test your fuel pressure

Old 10-11-2007, 08:59 PM
pssssst
Veteran

definantly getting fuel,... just checked it at the rail and got it all over my hand lol what should i check next????

Old 10-12-2007, 12:37 AM
12 volt
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: pssssst

definantly getting fuel,... just checked it at the rail and got it all over my hand lol what should i check next???
just because fuel came out doesn't mean it's the correct pressure.

spark testers have helped me many times, butyou probably already did that.
http://www.dealtime-direct.com/lis50850.html

Old 10-12-2007, 02:19 AM
pssssst
Veteran

well if the fuel pressure isnt correct how do i correct it????? and what parts would make that go bad??? remember this all happened because i sprayed degreaser on the motor... it literally died when i sprayed it near the front of the motor somewhat close to the starter

Old 10-12-2007, 04:25 AM
12 volt
Record Breaker

and what parts would make that go bad
apply 12 volts directly to the fuel pump connector, fuel pressureshould beapproximately 49 psi. If fuel pressure is too low check for a restricted fuel inlet strainer, if the strainer is good most likely fuel filter/regulator or pump. AndIf the pressure isabove 54psi check for restricted fuel supply line or replacefule regulator /filter.The regulator/filter on the 95 is the only one thatis mountedinside the fuel tank 96-98 is outside the fuel tank on the pump.

most likely anelectrical problem if it happend when you were spraying the engine. making sure you have fuel is first then make sure you have good spark imo.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:02 AM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

I would say it has to do with the ASD relay, I have heard of someone having this problem after washing the motor and it turned out to be a short on the alternator.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:15 AM
pssssst
Veteran

whats the asd relay?

Quick Reply: crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank, crank