1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

What Does it take For Our Ponies To Keep Up With The Real Pony..neon vs mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Slashwannabe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What Does it take For Our Ponies To Keep Up With The Real Pony..neon vs mustang?

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

ORIGINAL: Slashwannabe

Ibought anSRT-4 Intercooler and today my brother showed me this kick *** one he had sitting in his garage so I'm selling the SRT-4 Intercooler for $150 obo.
damn....thats alot of money..i paid $60 shipeed for my srt4 intercooler[&:]
No Way![&:]

I see I'm going to have to break somebodys fingers off, I paid $150 for it last week [:@]I didn't think I got took cuz the ebay intercoolers were $200+,but if you can get em for that cheap hell thats not bad at all. I'm going to pay the guy a visit cuz he also sold the 2 door NeonI was going to buy last friday.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:34 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What Does it take For Our Ponies To Keep Up With The Real Pony..neon vs mustang?

ORIGINAL: Aerorat

I have beaten a svt mustang and yes with my 98 neon
Not with the stock engine or even a highly modded N/A engine.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:42 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

no you wont. it will just look pretty. and the intake didnt look like the intercooler it just looked like the intercooler piping im sure. u must not really pay much attention or somethin cuz damn! if u asked the question already and the answer was no then its still NO!

Hey Loud99rt
https://dodgeforum.com/m_971541/tm.htm

and he says his boost reading was saying 2psi which im sure is not much but im sure havening an intercooler is better then haveing A WAI..

i know his isnt and intercooler but it looks like one

Old 10-11-2007, 11:50 PM
hnda8r
Captain

ORIGINAL: boxerjl2

i wasnt thinking that i could beat the mustang i just havent race any vehicle that can out run my car so i saw a mustang and was not really trying to race just lined up with him..

and if beating a mustang is una chievable with a na then why do you guys call them rustangs??

i could understand being called a ricer if i seriously thought i was gonna keep up with the mustang but i was just testing my car so dont hate me hond8r
like i even knew what the svt is,,, i just saw a mustang [8D]
so im pretty much gonna think about the Ebay turbo,, or at least everything that is needed then get the srt4 turbo.. but im reall confused right now and want power right now but i know if i even get the money to buy the turbo i will most likely not have the time or knowledge to do it...

ok about the intercooler.. i know ive asked this before but then i saw the picture of the guy who made his own CAI and it looked liek teh intercooler, so if i dont have a turbo will i see any performance from the intercooler?
I dont hate you boxer, I just like to push peoples buttons. Esp when they wrote an entire thread on the topic of "ricers." Dont take anything to heart man. Now as far as those ebay kits, I think there ok, there real flashy. My buddy has the kit on his car w/ a SAAB turbo, I think its some kind of garret turbo. Well whatever it is, it runs real strong. He has stock internals and hes been running only 12 psi. I believe he spent like 600 on everything. Manifold, turbo, lines and everything. He got lucky cause the turbo he found at the junkyard had absolutly no shaft play. He likes to call his neon the BUDGET NEON!! cause including the cost of the car hes only spent 1200, if that. And I know he can take out some rustangs. Just notany that are supercharged.lol

Old 10-11-2007, 11:57 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

ok this thing is probably like all those little performance chips but i ran into it while search for the tube for the 3.0 caravan mod

so is this thing real or not i can see how it would be but let me know

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...spagenameZWD1V

Old 10-12-2007, 12:05 AM
hnda8r
Captain

NO!!!! THATS GAY!!!!! just my .02

If getting horsepower was that easy everyone would be fast.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:11 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

thats what i was thinking too but i really know nothing about that stuff and that why there probably even still listed cuz people dont have people like you guys to help and they buy it and get ripped

but the little Resister mod did work on my Ford Tempo but i never had it plugged in long enouph to be able to tell weather the computer eventually erased it..

i have one on my neon but it came that way, and the guy i bought it from said its so you can stay at high rpms or something but idk its just spliced into the wireing harness going into the INtake manifold i doubt its doing anything but i figure its not harming anything either

or could it ?

Old 10-12-2007, 12:14 AM
hnda8r
Captain

I never messed with that stuff, so Im not too sure on that. But im sure there are some people here that have experience on the "CHIP"

Old 10-12-2007, 12:42 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

Ibought anSRT-4 Intercooler and today my brother showed me this kick *** one he had sitting in his garage so I'm selling the SRT-4 Intercooler for $150 obo.
damn....thats alot of money..i paid $60 shipeed for my srt4 intercooler[&:]
No Way![&:]

I see I'm going to have to break somebodys fingers off, I paid $150 for it last week [:@]I didn't think I got took cuz the ebay intercoolers were $200+,but if you can get em for that cheap hell thats not bad at all. I'm going to pay the guy a visit cuz he also sold the 2 door NeonI was going to buy last friday.
when i bought mine i put a wanted post on srtforums.com.......within 2 days i had 35 emails from people selling them and the most expensive one was 100 shipped....otherwise most of them were from $55-$90

Old 10-12-2007, 12:59 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

yeah im not so sure about the turbo setup yet cuz if i do it i want to do it right,, so for now i think ill go for bolt ons and this summer when i get a better job Fighting Wildland Fires i should be haveing a greater income i just want to get alot done to my car before i get a place and have bills cuz im still in school and liveing at home but next year i wont be...

Quick Reply: What Does it take For Our Ponies To Keep Up With The Real Pony..neon vs mustang?