1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Turbo is on and running Great!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 07:42 PM
99neon2.4
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turbo is on and running Great!

where did you connect the coolant lines coming off the turbo

Old 11-20-2007, 08:00 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: 12 volt

I've added some laquer thinner to reduce the chance of predetonation even though I didn't see any trace of it.
you must be talking about pre-ignition and you should be careful running laquer thinner with your fuel. too much of that stuff can contaminate your oil.
I run 3-4 ounces per tank.

Actually Laquer thinnerburns up before it even hits the rings infact it stops gasoline from getting into the rings and washing out the cylinder and promotes better oiling because of that. Mythbusters did a show a few weeks back testing Laquer thinner as a fuel additive to save gas mileageand said it didn't increase gas mileage at all and made it worse. They used 8 ounces for a tank which is way too much and that amount does hurt gas mileage cuz it will evaporate certain addatives in the gas with that strong of dose,3-4 ounces per 12 Gallonsis just enough where itdelutes the gas mileage robbing alcohol.

I think they are pawns for the Government and oil companyson certain myths such as beat the Breathalyzer and laquer thinner saves gas, they are not going to tell a person how to break the law and take money from oil companys. Everytime I have added laquer thinner consistantly its helped with gas mileage I usually get 20-40 miles more per tank using Laquer thinner and guess what thats 1 less gallon I buy from the oil companys which is why Mythbusters busted it, because they can't truthfully report on myths like this because of Government and special interests.

Worst that can happen is you get bad gas mileage by putting too much in. keep it to 3-4 ounces per 12 gallons and you'll be safe on gas mileage. I've ran laquer thinner in my Neon for about8 months, my brother has used Laquer thinner in his cars for 10 years.

Do some research to back up my claims .

Old 11-20-2007, 08:19 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: 99neon2.4

where did you connect the coolant lines coming off the turbo
I connected them off my heater core hoses with aT fitting in each hose, it doesn't matter which way the coolent flows through the turbo as long as it does.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:13 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i didnt run coolant lines on mine

Old 11-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

i didnt run coolant lines on mine
So you do the slow cool down then? where u idle car for 10 minutes till turbo cools down?

Old 11-20-2007, 11:25 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

basically....no need for 10minuites though....if runnin it sumwhat hard, 3 minuites is efficient, if just normal driving then 1-2 minuite is enough
if i was planning on keping the turbo thne i would get a turbo timer, but it wont be around long enough

Old 11-21-2007, 12:31 AM
12 volt
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: 12 volt

I've added some laquer thinner to reduce the chance of predetonation even though I didn't see any trace of it.
you must be talking about pre-ignition and you should be careful running laquer thinner with your fuel. too much of that stuff can contaminate your oil.
I run 3-4 ounces per tank.

Actually Laquer thinnerburns up before it even hits the rings infact it stops gasoline from getting into the rings and washing out the cylinder and promotes better oiling because of that. Mythbusters did a show a few weeks back testing Laquer thinner as a fuel additive to save gas mileageand said it didn't increase gas mileage at all and made it worse. They used 8 ounces for a tank which is way too much and that amount does hurt gas mileage cuz it will evaporate certain addatives in the gas with that strong of dose,3-4 ounces per 12 Gallonsis just enough where itdelutes the gas mileage robbing alcohol.

I think they are pawns for the Government and oil companyson certain myths such as beat the Breathalyzer and laquer thinner saves gas, they are not going to tell a person how to break the law and take money from oil companys. Everytime I have added laquer thinner consistantly its helped with gas mileage I usually get 20-40 miles more per tank using Laquer thinner and guess what thats 1 less gallon I buy from the oil companys which is why Mythbusters busted it, because they can't truthfully report on myths like this because of Government and special interests.

Worst that can happen is you get bad gas mileage by putting too much in. keep it to 3-4 ounces per 12 gallons and you'll be safe on gas mileage. I've ran laquer thinner in my Neon for about8 months, my brother has used Laquer thinner in his cars for 10 years.

Do some research to back up my claims .
We had some guy top ofa tank at work with jet fuel (kerosene) he said he figured it was a turbo prop since it said turbo on the side. put a hole in one of the pistons and bent a rod amoung other things we had alot of scrap. Added 12 gallons JP5 with 180 galons of 100 low lead

Im not too confident adding things like that to my fuel

Old 11-21-2007, 12:58 AM
Captansavaho
Captain

slash any way you could make another manifold i wanna do a ghetto setup like you did.. no offense. i just bought a srt-4 so im looking to have a little fun with the neon before i get rid of it. if you could like take some pics and do a walk through. but thats if i could get that manifold you made. would really appreciate it. thanks( i to have a sohc)

Old 11-21-2007, 02:07 AM
Slashwannabe

I have an extra manifold and a Extra Garrett Turbo if you need. The Garrett needs a new o ring seal which you could probably get anywhere but otherwise it spins good and has all its parts, you could probably slap it on the way it is now the turbo didn't appear to leak at all.

With my extra manifold I would need a bit of time to mod it up to specs of my set up, if you don't mind waiting a week or so I could probably work something out.

Old 11-21-2007, 02:19 AM
Captansavaho
Captain

yeah time is no problem. gives me time to order fuel pump and so on. i know there is a list for the srt-4 setup. but if you could make a quick list of what you used. also anyone know if it would pass emmisions in california with a turbo on it? would it be a good idea to keep the extra manifold?

Quick Reply: Turbo is on and running Great!