1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Turbo is on and running Great!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 03:20 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Turbo is on and running Great!

I would get it to pass stock then throw the turbo on the next day. Slash is running a pretty basic set-up and it will increase emmisions possibly throw some codes. Slash basicly just threw a turbo on a high mileage motor with no fuel mods. Just to have some fun and see how long it will last.he has an extra motor laying around just in case. Please dont take any offence to this slash...

Old 11-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: 95to96transplantneon

I would get it to pass stock then throw the turbo on the next day. Slash is running a pretty basic set-up and it will increase emmisions possibly throw some codes. Slash basicly just threw a turbo on a high mileage motor with no fuel mods. Just to have some fun and see how long it will last.he has an extra motor laying around just in case. Please dont take any offence to this slash...
No Offense taken Thats exactly what I did, because depending on how long this motor will last I will build up the other engine so it can handle the turbo on 20psi or more and drop that one in when its done regaurdless of the condition my current engine is in. It will eventually get a relief engine to take its place I might even buy another 2.0 just to build up.

Old 11-21-2007, 04:09 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

I just know you can get up in arms quickly... lol

Old 11-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Captansavaho
Captain

ok well i gotta get it smogged every 2 years. could i just take it on and off for it to be smogged. also slash pm me about the manifold and all that. since it was your own setup. also how much for that extra turbo

Old 11-21-2007, 06:31 PM
99neon2.4

could you take some pictures of where you ran the turbo coolant lines and shoot em to me. Also what kind of afc did you use i heard the s-afc2 will work fine but then people are trying to sell me the e-manage system for way more money

Old 11-21-2007, 06:41 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

just megasquirt it....you will learn more, instead of just letting a device do it for you. plus you can get more out of your engine... and if thats not enuf you can also program it to shoot flames when you let off the gas, if you dont have a cat and a stright threw muffler...I dont know the safc will work fine

Old 11-24-2007, 07:27 PM
Captansavaho
Captain

megasquirt? also could i do this with any working turbo, just need the custom manifold or does it very what you do to the manfiold depending on turbo or is it unviersal for the most part? slash anyword on when you might be able to work on that manifold?

Old 11-24-2007, 07:58 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

megasquirt is a fully funtionall stand alone unit like the aem however you must be very very knowledgeable in order to use it you basicly have to compleatly do your whole fuel and spark table. sure there are tables aval. to download to at least get the car started but what is the fun with that. plus its way cheaper. and yes it will work with your turbo set up will work on any fuel injected vehicle hell you could put it on your 4 wheeler if you wanted.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: Captansavaho

megasquirt? also could i do this with any working turbo, just need the custom manifold or does it very what you do to the manfiold depending on turbo or is it unviersal for the most part? slash anyword on when you might be able to work on that manifold?
I'll probably be able to work something out later this week, I'll let you know how it goes

Old 11-24-2007, 10:44 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Captansavaho

could i just take it on and off for it to be smogged.
you could, but its not as easy as just removing a couple bolts

Quick Reply: Turbo is on and running Great!