1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

would something break if...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 01:08 PM
justinsanders
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: would something break if...

yea i dont ever do that especially since one of my stockmotor mount inserts are cracked. i only ever did it once and thats only because this car infront of me was going soooooooo slow in my neighborhood and finally when he turned into his driveway i dumped the clutch at about 6-6 1/2 thousand rpms.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:15 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: justinsanders
this car infront of me was going soooooooo slow in my neighborhood
Better than him speeding through the neighborhood.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:38 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: justinsanders

yea i dont ever do that especially since one of my stockmotor mount inserts are cracked. i only ever did it once and thats only because this car infront of me was going soooooooo slow in my neighborhood and finally when he turned into his driveway i dumped the clutch at about 6-6 1/2 thousand rpms.
You were probably lucky because you were allready moving instead of having the shock from the launch, its just like you had an automatic and engaged the kick down the way you described it.

Unless you had slicks and were racing I don't see a need to drop the clutch at 6000 Rpm, in a race situationwhile usingstreet tiresyour going to burn out and not get a good launch, if you had slicks I might entertain the idea but only if you had an extra transmission...lol

Its pretty funny cuz before my turbo was on I beat a 80sMonte Carlo ss from the line and up the highway on ramp because I couldn't burn out past a2 foot mark from thelinewith the tall gearing in my automatic and he was sitting there for a few seconds roaching his tires and then while on the high way he never made any gains on me. I wish I would have had a camera for this race because to this day nobody believes me I beat the SS.Then the guy wanted to do a highway race from a 65mph launch so i dropped it down into second gearand before I knew it I was at 100 then i shifted into drive and got up to 115 pretty damn fastand had3 car lengths and pulling on him so I let off the gas and blinkered in his lane...lol Must have had a 305-307or something cuz I could wax it from any Rpm launch we tried to race at. Was probably one of the coolest races with my Neon in stock form because some of the hicks around my area think those cars are fast, had it had a built 350 I might have been fkd. I've actually raced Buick LaSabres that ran with me side by side that would eat the monte carlo too.

I guess what I'm saying by mentioningthe story aboveis thatburnouts are fun and intimidatingbut winning the race is a better feeling ....at least for meSo I don't think a 6,000Rpmlaunchon a daily basiswill do much more than give you a day in the drive way with a new transmission and your tool set.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:57 AM
estneon
Record Breaker

i belive you slash....neon vs idiot doing a burn out....i don't burn out whats the point if your not on the track warming upjust rip the other car and be happy who cares if a girl likes his burn out or something eat his *** up and make him look stupid.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:44 AM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

The only time i burn my tires is when i am racingtoget traction, but that is at a quarter mile track, not on the streets.....

as stated above

Old 01-08-2008, 05:58 AM
Slashwannabe

there is a way for a safe burnout.... Pour some oil on the front tires and pull the ebreak....lol I haven't done it personally but I watched a guy at Taco Bell do it with his Neon...lol

Quick Reply: would something break if...