car died

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2008, 10:35 AM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: car died

ORIGINAL: pssssst

dude i know this doesnt help your problem any, but i have noticed neons decide to die whenever they please for no logical reason at all mine has been dead for the last 6 months because i sprayed under the hood, and thank god i have a leased car that I did not spray under the hood *FIXED*

+1!
Let's not blame the student, when the teacher is in charge, no?

Old 01-15-2008, 05:33 PM
fsu182
Captain

i dont think neons, or any car dies when it wants to. this thing has been extremely reliable for the mileage thats on it. i think something mechanical in my car has failed, and can be repaired. but you're right its no help at all. as soon as i get off campus and back home ill know whats up. ill start with the timing pieces and move on from there.

Old 01-16-2008, 11:52 PM
pssssst
Veteran

why does everybody take everything so serious on this forum? obviously i dont believe my neon has a mind of its own and says" i dont wanna start!!" im just saying these cars seem to have more problems than most

Old 01-17-2008, 09:48 AM
fsu182
Captain

now with two ppl looking under the hood - the timing belt does look intact up top, but down low looks like its torn and snagged into something. ill get a new one and a water pump tonight, and hopefully thats all there is to it.

Old 01-17-2008, 10:38 AM
fsu182
Captain

when your only reliable transportation dies - you get a little stressed. sorry. you were just like well neons die all the time for fun. lol. as if my car was a problematic bastard child of a daewoo lanos and a ford tempo. as long as ive been around neons that have been decently taken care of - i've seen good, reliable cars. anyone finds out i have a first gen neon and they ask if my head gaskets been changed. i tell them its a 99 and they look at me puzzled, like wtf does that matter? its given the cars a bad rep. so does the fact that most of them went to kids who dunno how to take care of anything - and then theres the rest of us, like the ppl that use this site, that actually have good cars in our little first gens.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:30 PM
fsu182
Captain

as from my first statement it should'v been obvious to me.... broke the t-belt at 4 grand. no compression in cylinders 1-3, and barely any in 4.... trashed my valves. car gets parked till i decide what to do. rebuild the motor top and bottom now and get it over with... or just get a different car....

damn it.

Quick Reply: car died