1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Aftermarket valve springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 10:11 PM
dirt_trac_racer_80jr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket valve springs

i have the serious street comp cam for my 98 neon ....i was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to wat vavle springs i should buy....id also like to know if anyone would know if there is a better cam suited for my application ...i race on a 1/3 mile oval track ...kinda small (never leave 2nd gear) some mods are they head is ported and polished , triple grind valve job, bored 30 over (75mm) venom injectors ...CAI..JET module..and im goin to be purchasing the af/x race computer soon after i figure this all out ...thank you for your time...

Old 01-22-2008, 01:06 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aftermarket valve springs

get some crane valve springs....and some titanium retainers

Old 01-23-2008, 01:43 AM
dirt_trac_racer_80jr
Professional

ok so we decided to go with a new cam ...gonna buy the crane 12 and also gonna buy the valve springs and retainers ...i had no idea that the springs would end up being $411... but i gess thats the price you pay to have fun ...alright thanx spud

Old 01-23-2008, 04:52 AM
6sic6
Rookie

the 12 is marketed as a "turbo" grind you know? And what "Jet" module do you have, I dont think they exist 4 ur car.....

Old 01-23-2008, 10:13 AM
dirt_trac_racer_80jr
Professional

qty.

Image is a representation of this part. Actual part may vary. JET-68004 $229.95
Estimated Ship Date:Today
Brand:JET Performance ProductLine:JET Power Control Units PartType:Computer Chips/Modules EmissionsLegality: 50-state Quantity: Sold individually. Notes: Legal for sale in California. Computer Chip/Module, Power Control Unit, Dodge, Avenger/Neon/Stratus, Each [ul] Check to make sure this part fits your application [/ul] [/align] Improved performance for your ride.
Using the same computer tuning popularized by JET's Stage 1 and Stage 2 computer modules/chips, these Power Control Units use a 20 MHz RISC microprocessor. This optimizes the ignition spark advance and recalibrates the fuel map for optimum horsepower and acceleration. Other features include an LED readout and an on/off override switch. [/align] Back to Search Results [/align]

Old 01-23-2008, 10:14 AM
dirt_trac_racer_80jr
Professional

thats the module i was talking about ...wat were u thinkin of?

Old 01-23-2008, 10:33 AM
dirt_trac_racer_80jr
Professional

ya i kno its a turbo grind ..but i talked to one of the tech guys at crane and thats the cam he suggested for my application..he said that because the exhaust valves would be shut longer i would build up more compression and id have more torque ...which is exactly wat i need for wat im doin with my neon ...like i said its a dirt track car ...i dont need to be able to run 100 mph ...all i need is to get from 0-60 faster than everyone else..because 60 is about all the faster we get goin on the small track i run ...do u think he is right about it or not ...check out the grinds and tell me wat ya think thank you

http://www.cranecams.com/?show=brows...umber=158-0012

Quick Reply: Aftermarket valve springs