1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Something very bad just happened...

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 03:57 AM
12 volt
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Something very bad just happened...

maybe the filter had a factory defect.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Spawne32
Professional

Ill probably be switching to 10w-40 for the summer in 2 months or maybe part synthetic 10w-30, i am unsure, im worried that if i use the synthetic its gona start leaking oil slowly again.

Old 02-14-2008, 03:28 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: 12 volt

ORIGINAL: 95to96transplantneon

The odd thing is you cant even see this hole... its not cracked its just seeping from this small little tiny pinspot....

crazy. you dont have any other oil leaks? like HG or oil pan
My brother had this exact thing happen to a Fram filter on his Cherokee. It was a tiny pinhole you couldnt even see but it leaked oil like crazy.

Btw, neoncrazy, if you are still buying STP oil filters, you are buying discontinued products. I bought one for the Dakota awhile back and it did not thread on, I chalked it up to being defective, bought a another filter and put it on. The next day I took it back to autozone and they gave me another one, I figured then I would have it for the next oil change. Well, about 2 months ago I went to change the oil and that one did not go on either. I contacted STP and was basically told screw you, they also told me they don't even make oil filters anymore.

Old 02-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Spawne32
Professional

STP products are made by the Clorox company, the same company that makes the bleach and detergent, so take note in that I dont use STP products.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:50 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper

i sell wix every day, and accually after learning about wix and the technology that wix uses over fram, i would prolly have to say wix is a better filter.... but i say a filter is a filter..... lol, to each his own.........

oh yeah, purolator is the longest company that has made oil filters.... accually when the old model A had a "oil filter" it was not called that the technacal name was a purolator.... just a FYI, lol

Quick Reply: Something very bad just happened...