1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Interesting find (Radiator)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008 | 11:52 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker
Default RE: Interesting find (Radiator)

ok is the miniture radiator without ac better then the huge ones.. because i was told that my neon had ac becuz of the year but i do not have ac and i have a tiny little radiator like 6sic6's anything special about it i was told there was but just checking up on some more resources becuz he hasnt been online to tell me anything

Old 02-21-2008 | 12:01 PM
das2123
|
Legend

The dual radiator fans are for autos with A/C. My MTX w/AC only has one fan.

Old 02-21-2008 | 12:45 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

so theres nothing special about them ?

Old 02-21-2008 | 02:48 PM
tranyinstaller
Professional

Das, im glad you finally got the right nuts!as beavis and butthead would say.... huhuhuu he said nuts.... hrrrhrrrhrrr yah hmmm nuts.... I AM CORNHOLIO!!!not that i would ever stoop to watching that show[:-]lol.

Old 02-21-2008 | 03:24 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

guys boxer is talking about his mexi half radiator.... from what I can tell they are rare Ive seen a damaged one go on the org for over 300... and nice one go for 400...

I know this doesent have anything to do with the 95 radiator, but a radiator non the less... Wanna see what happens when you take a 1980 vw rabbit radiator and put it in a neon????
This is not my car, but he did put a how to up so i will show you all.... LOOK AT THE ROOM... ITS SICK...

Name:  rabbitradator.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  48.3 KB

Old 02-21-2008 | 04:40 PM
Slashwannabe

Hands down I'd go with the bigger radiator! More cooling power. Fk that Small half sizeRadiator .

Old 02-21-2008 | 05:03 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

Slash the mini one cools it better by 20 % i believe i was told

Old 02-21-2008 | 05:21 PM
Slashwannabe

That goes against Radiator Logic, the more surface area the better cooling you havehas always been the key to cooling. In the old days if you needed more cooling you'd upgrade from a 2 core to a 3 or 4 core for more surface area.

Those Small Radiators are probably why most of you who blow head gaskets are blowing head gaskets.

Old 02-21-2008 | 05:26 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

The mexi radiator is thicker... but allows more airflow to the intake manifold so it doesent get heat soaked... and drops underhood temps dramaticly...

Old 02-21-2008 | 05:54 PM
Slashwannabe

ORIGINAL: 95to96transplantneon

The mexi radiator is thicker... but allows more airflow to the intake manifold so it doesent get heat soaked... and drops underhood temps dramaticly...
You must agree that with the bigger Radiator more coolent is getting cooled. I seriously do not buy that explaination about the smaller thicker radiatorcuzThe motor gets enough air flow from under the car and through the radiator to cool the block down on the wide radiator.

I want to see test results and proof. My brother has athermal gun and a digital thermometer and I invite anybody near me with a small radiator to do a side by side test with my wide radiator. My brother has a hobby as a Paranormal investigator so that is why he has such tools as the Thermal Gun and Digital Thermometer.

Think of it this way when you are atidle there is no air going through the radiator and thebig radiator is going to keep cool better, because it has more surface area and more time to cool off before going into the engine. Plus the dual fans will cool down better than the single fan at idle and I'm almost more sure at any speed the big radiator will cool better. When you are going theres more than enough cool air to be had from moving. I would be happy to debate this until real proof has become of it to prove either way.

Quick Reply: Interesting find (Radiator)