1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

What did you do to your neon today???

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 09:46 PM
protivakid
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What did you do to your neon today???

Let it sit in storage some more for the winter where is has been the past 4 months.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:01 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

that has got to be bad i can atleast see my car everyday but i think i would rather have it in storage so the weather wouldnt damage it but its so FKED up now i dont even care about appearance now

Old 03-10-2008, 09:09 PM
jfink
Veteran

well today i continued on the headlight install(got projectors get pics when i feel like it) not so much a bolt on. takes some figuring out to get the panels and headlight assembly all lined up. got new taillights the other week got them on the same day.(get photos of that up later as well.)about it.

Old 03-10-2008, 09:27 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

well today i found out the truth about my car... something really dident look right on the passenger side of the car... it sorta looked like the frame rail had seperatated from the strut tower all the way to the front of the car and they just had straightend the frame rails and then wasent able to get it the last 1/4th of an inch so they put **** loads of jb weld down the crease... It really wasent noticable due to the ac lines were in the way and when they repainted the car they had shot over the jb weld... and then just the fact the radiator support was demolished and replaced and now i have to make a new radiator support out of some 1/8' steel, and some angle iron...

Anyways seen the preivious owner today at the parts store and he was saying how he may have wanted to buy the car back, and I said "well I may have a deal braker for ya" and showed him the passenger frame rail... he said " oh yeah the guy that had it before me got in a wreck and straightend it the best they could, I would still buy it..."

So yeah...

At least they did a damn good job seeing that my steering is straight and you really cant tell other then that that the car had been in that bad of a wreck.

Later I will be retireing to the garage to tear the head off one of the dohc blocks and get the block ready to have the sohc head put on it and swapped in... I'm starting to notice a knock... no where near bad yet... but just want to nip it in the butt... plus i will not bitch about the jump in compression...

Old 03-10-2008, 09:30 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i didnt do anything today to the neon....last thing i did was put the new motor in last week...

otherwise, this past weekend i painted the engine bay of my 68 valiant, put a rear end in a mazda b2000, and am getting redy to do a timing belt, water pump, trans filter and alot of other stuff on a sebring

Old 03-11-2008, 02:12 AM
dirt_trac_racer_80jr
Professional

fiberglassed and puddyd to make the body seemless ...plan on sprayin primer tomoro...maybe have it completly painted by the end of the week ...ill post some pics when its done

Quick Reply: What did you do to your neon today???