1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

New neon

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 02:39 AM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New neon

if anyone tries my methods of cleaning i want pictures and or testimonial please

Old 03-20-2008, 01:00 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Yea it has the 96 computer and harness. But everything else is 95. First of all the map and ait are not combined but there is no plug for the ait. I assume thats one of the 5 check engine lights. 80000 on engine 230000 on car.

Old 03-20-2008, 01:55 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

I found it was easier just to remove the entire carpet, take it to the carwash and blast it clean with the soap and then rinse it. I laid it in the driveway and by the end of the day it was all dry... looks almost good as new.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:22 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Thats a very lazy idea. I may have to do it your way.

Old 03-20-2008, 10:15 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

then it dont smell as good. but does sound like a good idea but more of a pain to take everything apart

Old 03-20-2008, 10:18 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Well I got an extra one ima clean like 6 times. Then put it in. Ima clean it so hard it will lose all its color.

Old 03-21-2008, 01:56 AM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

its alot easier than you think... remove 2 front seats, remove back seat, remove center console, pop the four plastic sill panel things off and then unbolt the front seat belts and the whole carpet pretty much comes out. I just cut the carpet in the middle where it goes under the shifter linkage stuff. And actually it smells pretty good especially since my carwash has soap that smells good enough to want to taste it.

I actually had bought new carpet off of ebay to replace it but when I realized I would have to go through the trouble of cutting all the little holes and crap in the new carpet, cleaning the old carpet started to sound alot easier. So now I have brand new black carpet in the box for sale if anybody wants it... lol

Old 03-21-2008, 02:03 AM
mulletman11
All Star

for a two or four door. its its for a 2 door, consider it sold

Old 03-21-2008, 12:31 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

How much u pay for the new carpet?

Wait wait let me tell you guys a messed up story. I went to my garage yesterday to drop of this neon. Over the last few days I noticed a few things missing from my neon. I thought I was just crazy. Well I know damn straight that when I left the day before I brought that white neon up Before i shut the light off I remember seeing that my 4dr was sitting on my brake rotor. Well when I went back up there IT WAS GONE! I KNEW IT! so was my left sidde caliper and brakes. I was pissed. I called my sister husband and asked him. Oh well I used the parts to fix my friends neon. So I said well I needed those parts for my 2 door so give em back asap or someone owes me $70 for new parts. Well he gives me the phone when his friend with the neon called. I told him I needed those parts. He said get fcked. That set me over the top. After a few words exchanged he said come fight me. I said wait so u steal stuff from me then want to fight me? Then he started seeing it my way (I dont know if he was just stupid) and said he would give the parts back. I was still pissed. So all his parts up there I broke. And if he says anything ima punch him in the head. No one will admit to the other parts that were missing. Messed up. I geuss I just never knew neon parts are just that cool that people take them.

Old 03-21-2008, 03:08 PM
vipersforsale
Record Breaker

2 or 4 door... doesnt matter the carpet is still the same and I have about $91(with shipping)in it... got it off of ebay forless than I should have because the guy didnt take a picture of it. People got to learn that if they want all the money for something... take a damn picture! Will take $91 shipped to you. I can either setup an ebay transaction for you or you can just paypal me the money and your info and then I will ship it out... whatever makes you feel more comfortable.

Here was the auction that I won it through: eBay Item# 110220699445

Quick Reply: New neon