1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

New neon

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 08:52 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New neon

Picked up at a good price. Tell me what u think. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3035547

Old 03-19-2008, 09:07 PM
AJay
Veteran
Default RE: New neon

wow another neon...

Old 03-19-2008, 09:07 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Yea right now I have 4 in my name. But I am selling one and the other is going to the graveyard.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:09 PM
AJay
Veteran

is one a 5-speed.....

Old 03-19-2008, 09:13 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

2 are. The one I just got is a manual. I was thinkiing of pulling everything need for the mtx swap and selling it.

Old 03-19-2008, 09:13 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

lol looks like someone needed to vacuum that thing is a pit. but hey if you have a shop vac and some laundry detergent and the will ill let you in on a secret to get the inside clean and smelling great

Old 03-19-2008, 09:15 PM
AJay
Veteran

how bout that trick garrett.....how much for tha swap stuff....

Old 03-19-2008, 09:15 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

HOW DID U KNOW! Right after i got the pics I cleaned it with a shop vac. It was nasty. So many ashes sitting in the shift area it was sick. I will try the laundry detergent. Thanks

Old 03-19-2008, 10:50 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

okay heres what you do
things you will need:
Spray bottle
garden hose W/nozzle
Hot water tap
shop vac with attachments
15mm socket and wrench to remove seats...( i found this works best)
scrub brush plastic brissle
optional air compressor at least 60 gallon cap.

if you have an air compressor with a large enough capacity you can do this with ease. however if not its kinda not worth the trouble. i would also suggest safty goggles and at min a dust mask but a resperator works best.
using the air compressor with a long nozzleand your shop vac set to pick up dirt at your side (pardon the crude drawing but, hope you get the idea) first do the carpets working back and fourth with the nozzle touching the carpets. you will soon realize if you dont wear your eye pro and you resperator you will wish you had. you will get out if done properly about 90% of dust. even after you thought you vacuumed good you will get a lot and i mean a lot more. following behind you with the shop vac

spray bottle with detergent and water about 1:2:50 mix enought to make the detergent liquid so one part detergent 2 parts downy 50 parts HOT HOT water. the mix dont have to be perfect. yes this part sounds crazy but it works a garden hose hooked up to a tap with HOT water. your shop vac now set to pick up liquid and hope you dont mind getting a little wet dampen the interior with the hose dont get to crazy yet. then use your spray bottle and give it a good soaking with it use about 1/8th of the bottle. with your plastic scrubber scrub like hell everywhere you just wet and soaped the bust out the shop vac that you rememberd to set up on liquid pickup cause we all forget. garden hose in one hand and shop vac in other with the short flat attachment start misting with water and going over with the shop vac in just about the same motion. do this till you can rub your hand over the damp carpets and not pick up the soap feeling on your hands. remember to work in sections and dont overwhelm yourself doing the whole thing all at once. The driverside will be the worst for the carpets and seats of course so i would start there. get as much water out as you can with the shop vac and leave the 2 front or rear windows down just a crack to vent it shoud be dry in about a day or so

the floormats themselfes are easy if you go to a regular coin op carwash just hang them on the walls as if you were going to do rubber mats and soak them with tire/wheel soap you can scrub them if you want but i just skip to powerwashing them and letting them hang there while i do the engine bay and the rest of the car DON'T FORGET YOUR MATS WHEN YOU LEAVE JACKASS

I HAVE DONE THIS QUITE A FEW TIMES IN MY OWN NEON AND EVERYTIME HAD GREAT RESULTS. EVEN TO THE POINT WHERE THE WATER WAS PUDDLED ON THE FLOORBOARDS. ACTUALY HAD THE SEATS SITTING IN THE DRIVEWAY AND LITTLERY HOSED THEM DOWN (THEY WERE STILL DRY IN A DAY IF NOT LESS FOR THE SEATS)
well was going to attach photo of crude drawing but dosnt support .bmp

Old 03-20-2008, 02:23 AM
12 volt
Record Breaker

so its a 96 with a engine from a 95? thats cool at least you have a 95 cam.

Quick Reply: New neon