damn civics....

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 03:09 PM
dtjackten
2nd gen neon peace keeper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: damn civics....

I'm sure would mind driving around in a Ferrari if giving the opportunity
NO KIDDING!!!!! i would not mess with a built honda...... some will or are very fast..... the dohc vtech is a very good engine, and honda has had alot of good cars.... just my two cents......

Old 04-02-2008, 03:56 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

The only reason I would take the ferrari would be to sell it and put the money in my neon. Or put the engine in it. I think hondas are okay little cars. I wouldent want to race in a civic. Hit something and smuch you like a pancake. Majority of civic are slow. My buddy has a prelude si with a new engine and same turbo set up as me. I am positive I will wax him. I wont find out until I get the engine in the 2 door. I have never been beat by a civic or a honda. And if one was flying next to me I would swerve at him. Alot of people want a 5 speed car thats wuick and they think "honda" Well I think neon. I think hondas are just talked up to much that it makes some people hate them. When I go out looking for a race. I usually look for a honda. Easy win.

Old 04-03-2008, 09:53 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: JackMehoffer69
I know plenty of old near stock chrysler turbo k cars that wouldn't think twice about handing a honda civic their ***, infact a buddy of mine knows somebody who has a 12 second turbo voyager van with a 2.5 Turbo running 15psi and slicks track proven.

can your moms caravan wipe a civic?
I near stock turbo k-car is not all that. Again, as stated, both can be great cars. Granted the cost tends to be higher, boosting a dohc honda engine (any of them) and dropping that in a hatch/crx and you will be hard pressed to catch it. Used to have a vid of a hatch pushing 580 walking all over a 600+hp supra. Power/weight ratio ftw

Old 04-03-2008, 10:38 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: I_Ride_Neon

I wouldent want to race in a civic. Hit something and smuch you like a pancake.
Just out of curiosity have you seen the neon, crash test...
The neon has allways recived a Poor rating from the government... its not to pretty...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&plindex=2

Old 04-04-2008, 01:16 AM
Neon_Freak
Professional

i used to drive a crx 87 HF the lightest crx ever made and i had a sohc and i could beat most moded mustangs andkeep up with turbod talons and eclipses.. and i was only haveing 160 hp..

Old 04-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: 96ACR*

yea id rather walk then drive or ride in a honda.
No worries. I'll give you a ride. I was in an accident in my 87 crx on the freeway. Lady cut across the emergency access straight into oncoming traffic. I swurved to avoid clipping here in the side at 75, and lost it, came across the road and T-boned a 02 F-150 and totaled it. Crx > F-150. Busted its driveshaft and did some decent structural damage. I was not at fault, and my honda fired right up after the accident. Lost the front bumper and a head light. And some scratches on the d. side fender. Seriously doubt my neon would have faired so ell, and still surprised the crx did.

Also, you can lower the fron of the of the old crx's just by tightening this nut under either side of the car. Too cool. Mind you, I really like my neon, but Honda makes a great car with awesome head flow. If they had higher torque number, and a lower price tag, and it would certainly rival a neon. Neons also have the never ending repuation for being slow, unless it is SRT powered. Oh the joy of proving them wrong.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:41 AM
VegasMagnum

sorry butthat VTEC(no h) is not very explanitory... but al vtec type systems vtec vvti mivec and whatever nissan uses now adays i cant remember what its called... work the same way... theres a solenoid that controls the whole system that kicks in a certain rpm, which is factory set i think its some were between 4500 and 4700, and keeps the intake valves open for a longer period of time... originally vtec is meant for better mpg... but once you get a vtec controller on it and set it a higher rpms you get kicken power...lol sorry i have a lot of honda friends so i got schooled on this and its only for valves per cylinder no 3 exhaust valve...

Old 04-04-2008, 11:30 AM
r3v0l7
Rookie

i have a 2002 honda cbr 600 f4i i know we are all hating on hondas right now but its the best built bike in the world i beat on this thing daily and stunt it, its still runs with 41,000 miles on it i got it for $300.00 with 1,200miles on it i have never changed the oil on it never adjusted the valves the only thig that gets changed is the rear tire once a week. anyways i was "doing the speed limit" 65 in a 45 and a 2007 amg slc something pulls out 10 feet in front of me to cut across 4 lanes to get into the left handed turn lane. i lock up both tires and the last thing i remembered was the *** end coming up and looking at the speedo "62mph" and flipping over the front end of this damn car. blacked out for a second then remember seeing my bike slide past me and straight for a truck in the turn lane it was a 2005 f-150. my rear tire and tail section hit the passangers side main frame and broke it in half totled the truck the bike was ok small scrach here there butit started right up and i rode it home and that was last july..... still waiting on damn lasy *** lawyer to get me my money

Old 04-20-2008, 11:05 PM
dcmcguy
Veteran
Default damn civics....UPDATE

I now know why the civic is so freekin fast.....the guy has a superchargedB24 under the hood....thats ok though, i smoked a 99 mustang gt the other night, that made me happy...lol

Old 04-21-2008, 04:07 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker
Default RE: damn civics....UPDATE

everyone wants to race mustangs,, well maybe not everyone but i always here people syaing they wnat to race one... and like other i want to some hondas are pretty fast and some are slow just like the neon some are slow and some are fast..if i were every to get a honda it would be the 93 honda civic hatchback cuz i love the way that thing looks[8D] but im gonna stick with my neon for a while..

Quick Reply: damn civics....