1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

spittin sputtering high revving etc. HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2008, 07:03 PM
TubbyCheekers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: spittin sputtering high revving etc. HELP

Well I haven't had A Chance to fiddle with the car cause i been working. but my dad and my bro in law where checkin it out and they replaced the canister purge control hose on the trottle bodycause someone who had it before was cheep and just electrical taped around it. since they where fiddlin around they where messin with the wires and hoses to the canister purge control solenoid and they found out that that engine runs a little betterwith the solenoid unpluged and the hose disconnected from the solenoid that goes to the trottle body but they didn't let itrun for 20 mins or long enough to see if it would do that monkey idling crap and stallin out.

also when i got the rack and pinion replaced the auto shop had to take theexhaust pipe out with the oxygen sensor from the catalactic converter and they said the stuff in side the catalactic converter was all loose and suggested that the stuff get gutted out to prevent it cloggin out exhaust of the pipe. now i dunno if any of that could cause this monkey business the oxygen sensor hasn't thrown a code so i don't think its bad.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:34 AM
TubbyCheekers

Has AnyoneKnow if any of that can cause the car to do that.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:42 AM
TubbyCheekers

Anyone Have Any Suggestions on this?

Old 09-11-2008, 03:02 PM
jhereg

Sorry for the long wait. After driving for months with this thing driving me buggy it turned out to be a bad crankshaft sensor. Don't ask me why it would only go nuts when it had been running fine until after 10 mins or so but that was the case. Went to a local do it yourself wrecker and pulled one off a 95 SOHC engine. Charged me 5 bucks for it. 10 mins to put it on and problem solved. Throttle body and assorted senors, fuel filter etc. had zip to do with it. Go figure.

Quick Reply: spittin sputtering high revving etc. HELP