1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

running your car on water.. whats up with it

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 04:18 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default running your car on water.. whats up with it

so to me it looks like a scam but i was just wanting to get some other opinions...

http://www.runyourcarwithwater.com/?...FQLLiQodZVu-zg

Old 05-11-2008, 04:23 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker
Default RE: running your car on water.. whats up with it

Neat. But I wouldent mess with it. Enless I had a junk car.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:43 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

so its not good for you car??

Old 05-11-2008, 09:31 PM
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL
Professional

this is a very real technology, although i would be wary of buying something that you dont get to see from an unmarked website

my dad was actually looking at designing his own kit, hesan electrical engineer, with a masters and doctorate, if it works ill probably use it on my dd and get about 50-55 mpg

Old 05-11-2008, 10:08 PM
djseth

Hey guys, its a scam. I am a mechanical engineer, and I get paid to try and develop things like this. If it worked, do you think they would be selling plans for a few bucks? Usually my company will spend around 100K trying to devlop something like this.

If you study physics and thermodydamics, you can see that this doesn't really do much. As you try and use electrolysis to seperate water (with some sort of salt additive, because pure water doesn't support electrical flux you must use a solution), you make an exponentially higher resistive circut for the alternator or battey to combat. As you do this, the stress of the engine increases. This in turn, will cause a reduction is performance and fuel economy. Furthermore, the stoichiometry doesn't support the claims they make. The volume of water doesn't make that much H-OH (hydorgen hydroxide) to burn. V=IR so if you increase the resistance, the current must drop to sustain the same voltage. This means that you could potientially put a serious drain on your electrial system.

Simply put the basic laws of thermodynamics apply. You can't get more energy out of a system then you put into it. This being the case, to seperate water, combust it, and have the main byproduct be water, doesn't put you at a higher energy level than when the system started. You are not introducing more energy in the form of work into or out of the system. All things being equal, you must account for added system losses.

Sorry, it just won't work. If you buy it, more power to you. Please reply with any findings that you come up with.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:03 AM
TOOSTUBBORN2FAIL
Professional

i should make my dad explain things better to me before i run my mouth

djseth, you are 100% correct, ill try to simplifiy it a little

i talked to my dad tonight, i guess he only was looking into how much H-OH you could produce with this method, not actually doing it in a car

basically put,just as above,you can never get out more then you put in

if your using electricity to seperate it, you have to use a serious amount of electricity to make enough to make a difference, a difference that is completely negated by the amount of electricity it takes in the first place

he actually said its possible to lose efficentcy (sorry dont know how to spell that) because of the energy it takes to turn water into H-OH, burn it (which turns it back to water) and do it all over again. This is why it wouldnt be possible to take a hybrid, remove the gas engine, and just use regenerative braking to charge the batteries.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:59 AM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

I am NOT saying it is completly legit, he does use it as a torch. In his car however, with the power source available it would be impossable to run completly on the HHO system.
In the future however, I would like to see gas/electric cars. kinda how desel trains are constucted with huge electric motors that turn their wheels http://travel.howstuffworks.com/diesel-locomotive.htmcheck out the video here.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:15 PM
djseth

Please don't mistake my last posting as insulting anyone or calling anyone stupid. I just want people to know the truth. There are millions of people that will try and take your money, and that is wrong. You can't lie to people, and no one should be taken for a ride....unless it is a ride in a NEON!

True, welders can have a sustainable source of H-OH for gas welding using electrolysis. You have to look at the amps they are pulling though. Even a small unit will pull over 60-160A. This would not only toast the electrical system, it would not allow anything else to run.

Just a side note: People have been using Hydrogen Oxygen gas seperation for years in the desert using solar panels. This is a more effective purpose for this technology.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:29 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

my car runs on air

Old 05-13-2008, 03:53 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

my car runs on air
dang dude i need to figure out how to do that i still have to use gas and air mixture

[&:]

Quick Reply: running your car on water.. whats up with it