1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Want to hear your Opinions. on a New Car

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 02:30 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to hear your Opinions. on a New Car

ok i know this is being said about the civic but we are in this category..

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=civic

The most interresting part of it all, is that the owners of these phenominal vehicles claim things such as: "with $10,000 in mods it's still cheaper than your mustang or corvette stock and faster".
They fail to see that in proclaiming this they've only insulted themselves. In order to make your vehicle equal to the other said vehicles, you require additional funding which can exceede the value of the car to add countless modifications and ONLY add to the mechanical performance aspect of the vehicle? After all this, your vehicle has now cost as much as my WRX, Mustang, or Camero? The part where you really fail to impress me, is in that your car is still a $10,000 P.O.S. on the inside and it might barely outperform mine, which is beautifully detailed and feature rich while still comfortable, leagel, under warranty, and less time consuming to achieve.

Okay, one more time: you have to spend MORE time, the SAME AMOUNT of money, and the ONLY benefit is a slight mechanical performance increase?

that right there is really making me consider not putting so much money into my car.. cuz i could get a car that is way more comfy inside and way nicer.. but i want my car to be fast.. but like that says i drop all that money into my car just to beat a stock Mustang... which stock for stock the mustang would eat me alive..,, and even when i beat the mustang its still "Just a Neon"..

so right now im not sure what im doing i know this is what i want to do, and ill ahve the money

NA

Long Tube headers
crane 18 cams(and componets to use them)
race ported head
Amm Intake Manifold

thats about all i can think of for NA

Aspirated
Amm Intake
Bigger Tb From Modern
Hahn Turbo kit(or the srt4 one)
Srt4 internals
and a small shot of nitrous here and there

for appearance and Misc

Car Painted Black new body kit molded on all around
Eibach lowering springs
Koni struts
Depo headlights/or diamond clears
Racing seats
New Carpet

so those are all my dreams for my neon... or i can go out and by a perty new car..

but i think in a stock fast car the victory wouldnt be as great.. becuz if i had a mustang and raced someone they would be like "its a mustang of course i lost", but if i beat them in my neon they will go home crying

let me know what your guys's opinions are

just kinda bored with the forum and trying to get some input

ii know most will say "do watever you want",, but i want to know what keeps you guys building up these little V4's
[&:]

Old 05-23-2008, 09:50 AM
sparky3009
Professional
Default RE: Want to hear your Opinions. on a New Car

If you can afford a new car, do it. Personally, I couldn't justify putting more than $600 into my neon since I only paid $650 for it.

Old 05-23-2008, 11:29 AM
reppinthe202

yeah man just boost it and build it up

Old 05-23-2008, 11:44 AM
JackMehoffer69

ORIGINAL: boxerjl2

but like that says i drop all that money into my car just to beat a stock Mustang... which stock for stock the mustang would eat me alive..,, and even when i beat the mustang its still "Just a Neon"..
Go drive a Chevy Cavalier and try to pass somebody on the highway and then go back and tell me that a Neon is "Just a Neon". You'll say thats a FAAAST fkn Neon.

People seem to forget that the 70s and 80s and even some 90s Cameros and Mustangsonly did 16 second quarter miles and a best of 15 seconds within range of a stock to slightly modified Neon. My brothers friend had a 1968 Mustang with a 289 V8 and it barely did 18 seconds in the quarter mile. Nothing from the 70s or 80s in the way of Cameros or Mustangs were worth a **** for performance because of emissions and gas guzzling V8s which were pus motors after the 2bbl carbureters and smog control.

I was riding with Slash one day when a new pastel green metalic Mustang freshly washed was passing everybody on the highway till he came to Slash's Neon....

Slash smoked the living **** out of that mustang by over 4 car lengths and he has his own turbo set up he made for around $200, the guy gave Slash the finger and his Girl Friend didn't look too impressed with her boy friends Mustang anymore. Then when Slash raced that 2006 Eclipse with a 210hp V6 and 5 speed and waxed him by a good 2 cars the guy wanted to cry when we pulled over and talked to him and said that it wasn't a fair race because Slash had a turbo Neon.. excuse me a 210hp V6 with a 5 speed is a fair race against a Neon?

Beating somebodywitha Neon makes the victory so much sweeter.

Every Mustang and Camero sold now days is living off the reputation of the 1960s-1971 muscle cars that built their image. The 1972-1990s Cameros and Mustangs are Has beens nothing but crap, then the LS-1 Motor comes along and gives 15hp gains and everybody thinks the muscle car era is back.

Old 05-23-2008, 12:36 PM
sparky3009
Professional

ORIGINAL: JackMehoffer69

My brothers friend had a 1968 Mustang with a 289 V8 and it barely did 18 seconds in the quarter mile.

Every Mustang and Camero sold now days is living off the reputation of the 1960s-1971 muscle cars that built their image. The 1972-1990s Cameros and Mustangs are Has beens nothing but crap, then the LS-1 Motor comes along and gives 15hp gains and everybody thinks the muscle car era is back.
Those old windsors are horrible engines. I want to say they have under 200-hp and about 250ft/lb of torque paired with an extremely heavy car... that engine is by no means a 'muscle car' engine.

I resent what you say about the 90's camaro's. My buddy has a 96 or 98 z28 with over 300whp stock. He's running mid-12's right now, and he's getting new heads, exhaust, cams, etc soon, and he's hoping to drop to 11-11.5.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:45 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

Ok Josh you want an opinion...

I would much rather have my neon that I've put my blood sweat and tears in to make it faster then a stock car thats fast anyday... The way i feel is I know I made that car that fast and it shows me what I did every day... it's like payoff for your hard work... If you were to go and buy a stock fast car what pride would you have in the car when you beat someone... non you just paid for it...

Plus when you beat someone in your neon and they say what do you got done to that thing... and you ramble off everything... that tells the other person that "hey this guy put some really hard work into his car, he knows what hes doing" and that in itself is a form of respect...

Or another way to look at it...
I bet you anything that you can go up to any teenage stock mustang owner and ask them to race and they will have the attitude of "I will kick your *** just becuase i own a mustang."

I'm sorry I would much rather have a attitude of " I'm going to kick your mustangs *** in my little neon."

just some thoughts..

Old 05-23-2008, 02:13 PM
JackMehoffer69

ORIGINAL: sparky3009

I resent what you say about the 90's camaro's. My buddy has a 96 or 98 z28 with over 300whp stock. He's running mid-12's right now, and he's getting new heads, exhaust, cams, etc soon, and he's hoping to drop to 11-11.5.

I did say "some 90s" mostly pre 1995 that sucked. After the mid 90s there was a shift toward performance, as I think companies were finally figuring out how to bypass emissions effectivly.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:27 PM
sparky3009
Professional

Id much rather have the attitude of "I don't want a street racing ticket so I'll smell ya later"

Old 05-23-2008, 02:41 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

who said anything about street racing....

granted he does do it... as do i... but to each there own... I know its stupid... so does he... so does everyone else... but we all do it anyway... Its all about your location... I'm lucky enuf to live near an air force base who's runways have been de-comisioned for some reason or another even thought the pavement is perfect... and the base allows us to use it for racing... They know we use it for racing... the mp's come out and watch us most nights... I think its the base's way to stop all there air men from getting street racing tickets... sure is nice though...

Old 05-23-2008, 08:06 PM
brushedchrome
Professional

Hmmm. I dont believe that you have to spend that much money to outperform cars in a higher class than the "lowly Neon". Pipe a cold air intake, put a header and exhaust system on it, change the computer, and go beat some V6 Mustangs. Hell, my Neon with an ACM intake, and an aftermarket muffler will givemost V6 Mustangs an run fortheir money. Now posting up against a turbo WRX, you might need to sink around $3000 into it, but thats still way cheaper than a WRX. And WRX gives Porshe a run for their money. I say let the pencil pushers shake the sand out of their vag and buy their $30,000 cars, and we will pass them with our $3000 beaters. But then again, opinions are like ********. Everybodys got one and they all stink.

Quick Reply: Want to hear your Opinions. on a New Car