1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

in 4th today at 108 mph

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 09:50 PM
JackMehoffer69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: in 4th today at 108 mph

try flooring it... or you can try from a dead stop and just go through the gears so you have momentum at your back.

I don't see why with better gears and a powerfull 2.4 you can't get to 115mph with authority.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:52 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

12 volt you always have something to say..gotta ruin the fun for the rest of us...[8D]

yeah jeremy did i tell you that one of the alt bracket bolts broke off into the block... so thats were im at i can re hook it up like it was and take the chance of it braking again. or take off just about everything and get a drill in there and drill a hole and retap the hole.. i think im gonna take it to busters and see what i can do cuz i might as well do it right...

Old 05-24-2008, 01:43 PM
12 volt
Record Breaker

12 volt you always have something to say
just looking out for yah.

If anything goes wrong atspeed is not going to be pretty. Imagine how your family would feel if you got hurt.

them Imagine what the car would look like afterhitting a tree a 108mph

Old 05-24-2008, 03:20 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

true but that could happen anywere... well not a tree.

even at the track.. going 108 and hitting the side barriers.. no matter were your at your still at risk...

Old 05-25-2008, 04:51 AM
JackMehoffer69

night time is the worst time to speed because animals such as deer are more active during the nightime and if you hit a deer at 108mph I think you might go through him or explode himand then possiblylose control from the shock of what happened.

On the highway at night I do a max of 85mph or 90mph if I am in a extreme hurry or if an emergency I will do max speed no matter the day time but under most cases I keep it under 85mph at night because deer are bastards they will ruin your car and possibly even kill you if you don't hit them right.

If you are going to hit a deer and you have little time to react the best speed to hit him at is 55-60mph and make sure you hit him dead straight or you could really fk your car up or yourself. I was with Slash when he hit a deer at 55mph in his Neon and the deer launched over the roof and flew behind him because he didn't avoid him he braced for the impact and it did less damage that way, he only had to replace a head light and had a dented hood. If you got 30ft notice stop or slow downbut if you notice the deer in less time just hit him and try to stay on the road. Most accidents accure when people avoid things such as deer and swerve and roll.

My friends were coming home from a party 10 years ago and they swerved to avoid a old lady who was stopped dead in there lane and the on coming lane was a 18 wheel Semi truck fully loaded and they hit the semi at 80mph and thatturned the 2 door Cavalier they were driving into a 18 inch wide profile. I'm not sure the force of that sinks in to this day... 80,000lbs of semi truck doing 60mph hitting a 2 door Cavalier which was doing 80mph. All 5 of them died and had closed Caskets all cuz of speeding at night and not allowing room for slow traffic, doesn't help they were all high on Mary jane i suppose.

I'm very focused when I do 90mph+ I shut off all music and wind my windows up so I can hear the motor and listen for changes in operation that might be early warning signs and I feel for weird vibrations and anything that may indicate a problem.

Old 05-25-2008, 12:47 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

I second that. Boxer I think you need to find a better road with miles of visibilty during the day. And a deer sucks. I tapped this big **** deer in the butt while he was crossing the road at night. I was going 45 and couldetn stop because he was just walking. His butt shot in the air. And it messed the crap out of my car. and it was just a love tap. I was going 35 at the time. Oh yea. Have you ever seen a neon crash test? The airbags usually dont go off. I just wanted to say your holding a loaded gun to your head with the hammer backwhen you do it. I dont want you to someday dissappear. neon at 100mph+tree or rock=death. Thanks for you time.

Quick Reply: in 4th today at 108 mph