finally race the Crx check it out

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 08:00 PM
JackMehoffer69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: finally race the Crx check it out

ORIGINAL: Ghost Neon 2

ORIGINAL: mmench

yea somethings def off it its not revving rite. and a crx with a swapped motor and high comp with a cam should be a quick lil car. i bet it run in the 14's but def not 13's... and prolly higher 14's
Keep in mind a crx is lighter than a neon. Taking into account the intake, header, exhaust, "cams" (D16 is 80's dohc integra engine) and high compression, the car should certainly see mid to low 14's. If not better.

Keep in Mind Boxer lost by a car length, and Boxer also admitted in another post that he shifts into 3rd and 4th at 4800 Rpm. He's a noob at shifting thats why he's getting pwned. CRX is crap your giving it too much credit my sohc 98 neon with 95 sohc can wipe a crx anyday of the week.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:19 PM
mmench
Captain

although that is true the crx is claimed to have a high comp and cammed motor. this means he has a lil more power than your neon. and lighter by almost 500 pounds i think ( i forget how much a crx weighs exactly but thinks its around 2100). im not sayin boxer should loose by any means.. if he shifts like a tard and only looses by a car then when he learns to drag better he def has the honda beat. either way a car that we could assume is in the 14's wins by a car or less is only about a tenth or so faster on his e.t..... and judging by boxers driver skill he can easily close that small gap and winif he learns the car better

Old 06-24-2008, 08:24 PM
JackMehoffer69

I'm not claiming to be a God at shifting a mtx but when I used to race around in my old (now totaled)dohc Neon I'd bring itup to 6600 Rpm and it never dropped below 5900 Rpm the whole time in any gear and I never let off the gas between shifts each gear the car would buck forward with massivepower.

I could pants a CRX and even Boxers 2.4 with a stock dohc 2.0 the way Boxer drives. The thing about the CRX is half the cars motor mods are probably embellishedso who knows what that car can really do, its not Boxer embellishing its his friend.

Whatever the case the 2.0 dohc and sohc wind up fricken quick compared to the 2.4s i've ridden in.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:43 PM
mmench
Captain

thats why i said wen he learns to race and knows his car then he will win. power shifting like that is ok but only if your not gona get wheel spin or burn your clutch. personally i dont power shift because i always get wheels spin, hell i get wheel spin even without it lol. i know the crx may not have all the upgrades he says.. thats why i said claimed high comp motor and cam in my above post.

Old 06-24-2008, 08:47 PM
JackMehoffer69

ORIGINAL: mmench

thats why i said wen he learns to race and knows his car then he will win. power shifting like that is ok but only if your not gona get wheel spin or burn your clutch. personally i dont power shift because i always get wheels spin, hell i get wheel spin even without it lol.
a little bit wider tires will help with wheel spin between gears give you a bit more traction while still keeping the power up.

195-70-14s or 205 55-15s will reduce the tire burn between gears too during 'bang shifting' or 'power shifting'

Old 06-24-2008, 08:50 PM
95to96transplantneon
Record Breaker

Just something else to think about here...

The 2.4 does not like to go above 5800rpm or so depending on breathing mods...

Also it takes a tad bit longer to rev. due to the extra weight and length of the rods...

Also The 2.4 is a tq monster its hard to keep the wheels from burning in 1st just leaving a stop light... you have to re-learn how to drive your car after this type of swap...

Old 06-24-2008, 09:31 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

I agree. My 2.4 dohc red lines at 6.5 stock and doesnt have much anywhere around 6 and up. I do alot better in races shifting at about 6. Because the power band is loower.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:47 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: mulletman11

my mistake, not a huge pontiac man
and i did not race it, i simply kept up with it speed wise, seeing as my gauge only goes to 120, i wanted to see if i could actually hit 149 in a neon
ps that auto lt1 has at least 25k into it, it would kill me and most neons includiong srt4.
i saw it beat a viper. i dont think i need to say anything more
Not ragging on ya. I had some local LS1's freaks around a few years back. Helps to know what the competition can do.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:56 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: JackMehoffer69
Keep in Mind Boxer lost by a car length, and Boxer also admitted in another post that he shifts into 3rd and 4th at 4800 Rpm. He's a noob at shifting thats why he's getting pwned. CRX is crap your giving it too much credit my sohc 98 neon with 95 sohc can wipe a crx anyday of the week.
I used to crx years ago, and know what most applications are capable of. Oh, and the 80's teg engine is a D16A1. My mistake. It has been a long time. I managed to hole shot a SC300 Lexus with my 86 crx si and held him off up to 80, using a D16 with intake and header. I still chalk that one up to a bad driver. No way that should have happened. And he was revving on me. Point is, a B16 swapped crx with i/h/e and tune goes mid to low 13's n/a. They can be quite potent, and just forget about a turbo'd hybrid. Had a vid on my old pc of a boosted B18 hatch laying waste to a 680hp supra on the road. Not that we are too likely to come across one; just some food for thought.

Oh. That hatch was pushing 500+. Power/weight FTW

Old 06-25-2008, 12:34 AM
mmench
Captain

yea i have seen crx's with a b18 and a 75 shot hit into the 12's. in a few weeks i have to do a wiring job on a crx with a b16 swap into it that my friend just put together.(the crx i talked about earlier). the motor he got for it had no wiring harness with it at all so i get to be the lucky on to put the new one on [:@]

and to jack... i have as wide of a tire as i can fit on my blazer and get wheel spin in every gear except 5th. on my neons i dont have traction problems after launch anymore because of the drag radials i run on them. i shoulda said that i used to on my neons and still do on my blazer..... and bike lol but thats a whole other story there

Quick Reply: finally race the Crx check it out