1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

to buy a track or not to...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 09:29 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default to buy a track or not to...

my driver side window track is broken and it rolls up and down. but when i'm on the highway when its almost fully closed, it gets stuck and then i have to take my hand off the wheel and to the window and push out and roll up....in a little over a week i'll be going down to the Blue Ridge Mountians (Asheville-Hendersonville-Saluda) area to visit friends. so i'm trying to figure out if i should fix the window track or not.

pro: safer.

con: money.

so idk. i know it sounds stupid but i dont know.

Old 06-01-2008, 10:44 PM
fsu182
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: to buy a track or not to...

my window track isn't broken and thats how it acts, lol

seriously. if my windows are down in town at 25mph - then i get on the highway and go 70 my phone rings. I go to put the windows up and it gets all hung up. sometimes i forget and my doors wont open because of it. or sometimes unless i put pressure on teh window while its going up - it wont go up.

i think not having the door frame go past the windows looks cool - but wasnt a good mix with the neons already problematic window setup.

Old 06-01-2008, 11:23 PM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: to buy a track or not to...

oh gotta love Neons lol. i know my track is broken for sure. when i got it last year i took out the glass and while taking it out, half of the plastic holding the glass in was broken, missing bolts, and didn't want to stay on the track. so i just jerry-rigged it and it worked for like 3 months. then it broke.

Quick Reply: to buy a track or not to...