SRT4 this SRT4 that...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 04:26 PM
JackMehoffer69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: SRT4 this SRT4 that...

ORIGINAL: mulletman11

get a stock td04lr turbofold and bore it, put in bigger fins
that will give u a nice 20-30 whp gain, and porting and fins and turbofold all will coast u about 400$
then grab ur intercooler and all that jazz

this is in ur 2.4l right?
the car u just swapped the motor into, and u wanna go turbo?
no offense, but didnt jeremy drive to help you put a motor in, how are u gonna do the turbo?
it is a COMPLETLY diffrent playing field
My friend planned for5 months to turbo his Neon and it took him7 hours to put the turbo on even with all the planning. In the end it was worth it car was insane! Butapin holein his turbo feed line from a jealous personand a blown head gasketfinally sealed the motors fait.

Its not a bad thing to do if you plan and go over the game plan a million times over in your head and have the tools and an iq over 110 to be able to think on the fly to problems that arise. Hardest part hands down is making sure you got a motor that is healthy enough to turbo, Neon motors are cheap so its not rocket science or a big deal even if you blow the motor.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:27 PM
mulletman11
All Star

thats wat i was amaing at das, anyone can play legos and connect pieces, its tuning that is tough and time consuming

Old 07-01-2008, 08:39 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

the main reason jeremy came down here was just to hang out.. well i guess the main reason was to put the motor in but i really did not need him to i just wanted to meet someone else that loves the neon just as much or maybe even more then i do... and the turbo doesnt seem likes its going to be very very difficult.. just time consuming i havent read much into it yet but i am going to read more into it.. and i will get the srt4 stuff and then upgrade the turbo later... and im planning on pulling the motor and getting the srt4 pistons and rods to hold the boost...

its going to be a learning experience

Old 07-01-2008, 08:45 PM
mulletman11
All Star

im not insulting you, im saying its difficult, and if u needed help with a 2.4, ur gonna need even more with a turbo

Old 07-01-2008, 08:55 PM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

but the thing is i didnt need the helpi had alot of how to's on how to do it and it was pretty straight forward.. the only things i wouldnt of done was take out the balance shafts and put in the 2.0 cams,,, just to see what it was like with original cams.. i was gonna cancel him even comeing down here becuz of money problems but then i decided that i still wanted him to come down,, but it was ausome that he did come down becuz he did alot and it would of taken alot more time if he wasnt here and he is a great wealth of knowledge and taught me alot

Old 07-01-2008, 10:20 PM
JackMehoffer69

ORIGINAL: boxerjl2

but the thing is i didnt need the helpi had alot of how to's on how to do it and it was pretty straight forward.. the only things i would of done was take out the balance shafts and put in the 2.0 cams just to see what it was like with original cams.. i was gonna cancel him even comeing down here becuz of money problems but then i decided that i still wanted him to come down but it was ausome that he did come down becuz he did alot and it would of taken alot more time if he wasnt here and he is a great wealth of knowledge and taught me alot
The job goes much easier when your not alone! You always need someone to bitch at when working on a car.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:25 AM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^That and someone needs to be around to hand you a beer.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:51 AM
spudsterier
Legend

i usually get stuck doing all the hard work by myself...but thats the way i like it..i get aggrivated alot more when people are lingering around...though it is nice when my wife runs around and gets all the tools i need

when i had the srt4 turbo, it had no problem running 18psi....and thats more then most people on here will ever need...18 pounds of boost in a neon is almost borderline suicidal...when your under full boost at 1300 rpms and it stays that way through all the gears, hang on
the hardest part isnt installing the turbo, but getting the fuel pressure just right and making the return line in the fuel pump...everything else is pretty easy...
if sumone has a 95 neon with the metal tank, then the return line is easy since you can use the drain port ontop of the pump to fit the line...you dant have to get all the fitting and make your own..

ive seriously been considering putting an srt4 turbo on my 95....mainly just because i still have most of the parts, and i think it would be hilarious to see a beat up little white and blue neon beating srt4's
boxer, the post for all the parts needed is up top in one of the stickies
8psi would put you right up in srt4 playing field.....but as always, it depends on the driver

Old 07-02-2008, 11:53 AM
boxerjl2
Record Breaker

yeah true about haveing people around but we use a guys shop that has just about every tool you would need to use ever... and hes always got lots of people and all my car friends that are here to.. but i wanted to hang out with jeremy and he was freeking cool as hell and we work pretty hard
and had plenty of Mt Dew

and i want to be just likke you spud as in running boost i want to run 18 psi.. but i want to use the srt4 pistons and rods.. which might be easyer if i buy a new motor. becuz it will already be out of the car and i can just strip it down and take it to a machine shop. becuz my car is my DD. i cant just strip the motor out of it.. well i guess i will have to sooner or later but hopefully for not long.. now that we have it swapped in,,, it really doesnt seem tohard to get out. but takeing out this motor then stripping it down and then taking it to a machine shop would prolly take atleast a week if not more not sure how long it would take at a machine shop.

Old 07-02-2008, 11:04 PM
spudsterier
Legend

it all depends on how busy the shop is....it took 2 monthes to get my block done[&:]

Quick Reply: SRT4 this SRT4 that...