1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

suspension sugestions

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 08:37 PM
XenonNeonSport
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: suspension sugestions

Try strut braces if you dont already have them, they reduce frame movement. They make carbon fiber ones for the front and back. They're avalible on ebay...Id try them. Id keep your R/T struts and just put come coilovers on since the R/T's are different, and betterhandling, thanother Neons. Just my two cents, hope this helps

Old 07-01-2008, 08:40 PM
mulletman11
All Star

yea i got strut bars, there awesome

Old 07-01-2008, 09:35 PM
99r/tneon
Rookie

yeah i got them too.. actully jus the back my big bro stole my front one lol oh well. i asked because i thought i actually might get some help such as what Xneonsport gave me. not telling me motor mounts will help my car too corner! lol thanks anyway

Old 07-02-2008, 03:09 AM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

I ride on: 17's with Kyb- gr2 struts,Eibach sway bars front and rear, prothane mounts. Eibach sportline springs. strut bars, seems to handle well. I supposeI could go with the stock rims if i really want it to handle better.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:54 AM
moparmandjh
Amateur

ORIGINAL: 99r/tneon

i asked because i thought i actually might get some help such as what Xneonsport gave me. not telling me motor mounts will help my car too corner! lol thanks anyway
That was probally put in because of your comment...."A.K.A bad handle'n and hurtinh my acceleration".Like he said, they do help acceleration.
Dave

Old 07-02-2008, 07:46 AM
mulletman11
All Star

if u read wat i worte, no were did i say motor mounts will help u corner, u said beter handling, u didnt specify wat type of handling
o and jackass, wen u shift through a turn, YOUR ****ING STIFFER MOTOR MOUNTS WILL GIVE U LESS ENGINE TRAVEL AND LET U GO THROUGH THE TURN WAY MORE ****ING EASY !!!!!!!!!!!!

just thought i might be an *** about it, since u decied to be, mr know it all

Old 07-02-2008, 09:58 AM
99r/tneon
Rookie

ORIGINAL: DOHCgarrett t3

I ride on: 17's with Kyb- gr2 struts,Eibach sway bars front and rear, prothane mounts. Eibach sportline springs. strut bars, seems to handle well. I supposeI could go with the stock rims if i really want it to handle better.

awesome. how much do ya think ya got in that set up? oh and those springs drop your car at all?

oh and mulletman11 do us both a favor and dont reply to my post anymore. i was messin around and you wanna start actin hard' $h!t.. seriously before we get intoa fight and both our a$$e$ get kicked off. callin me a jackass.. WOW! i cant stand hardasses!

Old 07-02-2008, 10:00 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lowerin the car will help in cornering since you usually get stiffer springs, but the most noticable difference you will ever find for cornering is the prothane suspension bushing kit...
get some KYB GR-2's and an eibach pro kit
this is what i had: koni struts, mopar high rate springs, front and rear strut bars, stockACR front sway bar, addco 7/8" rear sway bar, prothane suspension bushings, and 17" srt4 rims....i had no problem at all taking 40mph curves at 80mph...the car didnt even lean, it just hugged the curves.....makes me wanna cry just thinking about it

Old 07-02-2008, 10:12 AM
mulletman11
All Star

ORIGINAL: mulletman11

get thicker sway bars and urethane bushings for suspension, and get motor mount inserts
ORIGINAL: 99r/tneon

how the hell does motor mounts make my car handel better? that makes no sence.. but anyway i already have those so.. thanks anyway.
ORIGINAL: spudsterier

lowerin the car will help in cornering since you usually get stiffer springs, but the most noticable difference you will ever find for cornering is the prothane suspension bushing kit...

hey 99r/t neon, i think ur an idiot who knows nothing

Old 07-02-2008, 10:25 AM
99r/tneon
Rookie

did i not ask you to stop reply'n?? and i could really give two ****s what the **** you think about me. for real. but since we are sayin what we think.. I THINK your nothing but a hardass behind a computer! i asked a simple goddamn question and tried to joke around with you a little bit and suddenly your a tough guy. here is the bottom line: your not gonna to **** to me so stop running your mouth. if we were face to face and instead of asking about struts i asked if you wanted your ****ing *** kicked i bet you wouldn't be getting so smart now would you?! its people like you that make people loose interest in this hobby. my advice to you is to grow the **** up and stop running you ****ing mouth.know when to walk away.now i am prob going to get kicked off and i really dont give a **** because i know there are several ther people on this site that dont like you and wish you would be banned (and send them the parts they paid for). i aint the type to sit back and jus wish though.. **** it i say what i think and i think your a ****ing ******* with a big mouth.. i think my fist would fit pretty ****in nice in it too.

Quick Reply: suspension sugestions