1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

just saying hello and needing info.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 01:23 PM
plumcrazy98
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just saying hello and needing info.

Just a short word to say hello to everyone and to say thatI have gotten a lot of help from this site. Right now I have 6 neons that I play with. they are as follows99 blue 2 door 5 speed DOHC,
a 98 blue 4 door R/T Highline auto, a 98 2 door Plum auto SOHC, A white 02 4 door se,2 98green 4 door autos. So as you can tell I like neons. The question that I have is this. I would like to take the tilt steering colum that has cruise out of the 98 rt 4 door and swap it with the 98 2 door that does not have cruise. Does anyone know if PCM and wiring harness of the the non criusr car is there to accept the cruise? Or would I have to do a lot of wire harness changes? Thanks in advance for any help on this subject.

Old 07-16-2008, 05:04 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: just saying hello and needing info.

ORIGINAL: plumcrazy98

a 98 blue 4 door R/T Highline auto,
i am still trying to figure this 1 out....is it an r/t or a highline auto?

i cant recall if the neons are prewired for cruise or not

Old 07-16-2008, 05:38 PM
brushedchrome
Professional

Not to take away from this post, but did they make 4 door R/Ts? All that ive ever seen are the two door. Also, I thought that all R/Ts were manuals. Just wondering...

Old 07-16-2008, 06:30 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

They make 4 door r/ts. There is the wire that hooks to the CC module under the hood. Its only on CC cars.

Old 07-16-2008, 08:49 PM
bone33
Record Breaker

you cant take a cc colum and put it on a non cc car and expect it to work. there is mechanical CC parts under the hood that have to be installed as well. you could just tie a string to the throttle cable and pullit to the desired speed and you got redneck cruise.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:01 AM
plumcrazy98

I don't know why it is listed as a R/T, but the title , my insurance company and when I look up the vin number it says it is a R/T- Highline. But it does not have anything that I would think that would make it a R/T. It is SOHC and auto. trans. Yes I know that I would have to put on the parts under the hood, just wanting to know if the pcm and the wiring harness would be in place to accecpt them or if I would have to change outthe pcm and rewire the under dash for the cruise to work.

Old 07-17-2008, 02:50 AM
fsu182
Captain

u have to

1. install the cruise control module. it sits behind the power dist. center and is held in place by two bolts above the transmission mount.

2. install the throttle body, or if you have snap ring pliers you can swap the shaft so that the cruise control throttle cable can be installed

3. install the cruise control throttle cable

4. install the wiring harness from a cruise control car. cant remember if its just the engine harness or both.

5. install the steering wheel buttons and connect them to the wiring harness.

i looked at temporarily swapping my cruise control to my dad's r/t for a long trip - it would not have been worth it. so i didnt. remember this is for an mtx. im not sure if you have to do anything additional for an atx.

Old 07-17-2008, 01:31 PM
plumcrazy98

thanks for the help, I may just install a after market cruise like I did on the 02 neon

Quick Reply: just saying hello and needing info.