is this normal???

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 10:03 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by reaperof_evil
it had the original oil filter still on it
if thats the case, then that motor was probally in rough shape to start with....14k on the original filter??? damn

Old 09-20-2008, 10:36 AM
reaperof_evil
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah the car was wrecked pretty hard and sat in the woods for a few years i bought the whole car for 400 bucks took it home and fired it right up after getting a radiator on in since the whole front was missing the car wasin decent shape besides it being wrecked i got the slip and all that crap for it and it did have 14k when it was wrecked i just got really lucky since i never ever seen a 1st gen with under 60k heres the car i got the motor from 1999 plymouth

Name:  0531081650.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  117.9 KB

Name:  0531081650a.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  106.5 KB

Old 09-20-2008, 10:58 AM
unclemike
Veteran

It doesn't look too bad for sitting, unless you blasted it off at a car wash. If you decide to part the body out and live with in driving distance of Lancaster PA, let me know. Somebody backed into the driver's side rear door on my 1998 green Neon before I bought it.

Old 09-20-2008, 11:51 AM
reaperof_evil
Veteran

yeah im in schuylkill county and i no longer that have that car but i do have a red four door and yeah the car was covered with a tarp while it was sitting in the woods i would still have that car but i was doing the work as a buddys garage and i was living with him then he burned his new sentra se-r specv in the woods and got arrested so i lost my car and my other motor and a bunch of tools and parts

Last edited by reaperof_evil; 09-20-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:05 PM
unclemike
Veteran

That's a pisser. Well at least you didn't get busted for conspiracy or like that. I'm guessing the cops took it as evidence or the land lord for back rent, either way, life ain't fair sometimes.
The door works and all that on my Espresso , it looks like crap and I'm not going to replace it unless a dark green door in good shape falls into my lap (read low priced). The door is the least of it's problems as it has an engine knock from when I bought it. The shame of it is it shifts smoother than my 1998 SOCH because the kid that owned it blew the tranny out under warranty and the Dodge dealer rebuilt it. Keep an eye out, I might put it up for sale to finance my 1964 Plymouth resto.

Old 09-20-2008, 01:30 PM
reaperof_evil
Veteran

yeah it sucks i was gunna rebuild the green one as a dirt track car and sohc knock back thats why i got rid of it lol and atleast urs shifts lol mine now is the dohc and auto trany both have 18k on them and the trannys torque converter is messed up and wont shift unless i leave off the gas but im not worried about it i have this to put in when i work out my engine problem lol what fun thats gunna be lol

Name:  0919080947.jpg
Views: 30
Size:  44.1 KB

and since im kinda bred i have a vid of my car before i tore out the only sohc and trans with my magnaflow exhaust

Quick Reply: is this normal???