1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

95 fabrication and paint question

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 06:42 AM
evilneon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 fabrication and paint question

This weekend is a big one for me. I just got back my taxes and have a grand to blow on my neon. Now I want to make my hood open up suiside, im gonna put 2 hood pins on each top corner,now my question is does any body know were I can get the hinges needed(im quesing 2 of them) or how I can fabricate them ? Thanks.also Im paining my back door pannels. My fronts are already done BUT i did them with the door pannel on.The backs I want to take them off, tape them then paint them,now I cant get my door hanndle off! I put a towel behind it and pull and I ether end up ripping my towel or almost breaking the hanndle. I herd there is a tool for this but I have no idea of were to get it and what it looks like? a little help would be nice. thanks guys

Old 03-01-2005, 10:29 PM
lonasindi
Veteran
Default RE: 95 fabrication and paint question

on the hinges, find a machinist, work with them, they oughta be able to hook you up.

on the door try finding the tool at autozone or the dealer or something.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:36 PM
RayDog26
All Star
Default RE: 95 fabrication and paint question

the rear windows are manual ?? if so right behind the handle there is a little clip (C-ring) that looks kinda like a C u can get it off with a flat head screw driver or they sell a special tool.

Quick Reply: 95 fabrication and paint question