1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Piston hitting spark plug, but not valves?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 08:31 PM
ldiablo233
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOME GOOD NEWS!!!!! after starting it a few times(loud muffler plus misfire in #4 means i had to shut it off after a few seconds since I live at an apartment with grouchy neighbors) theres no scrapping anymore. Couldn't really tell when shes running cause the exhuast, but just cranking the starter theres no scrapping. I did tighten the tensioner slightly but maybe it just needed some movement. My TPS is messed up so I have to replace that but what controls the RPM guage, cause mine isn't working and I can't tell if I have a vaccumm or intake leak cause it seems to be running a high idle but ofcourse I didn't have it running constant, just let of starter and let it run for like 2 seconds..

Old 03-16-2009, 10:11 PM
sabin420
Captain

Originally Posted by ldiablo233
CRANK SENSOR, BUT IT THIS LOCATED ON THE BACK OF THE ENGINE? CAUSE IF SO, MY 98 HARNESS DIDN'T FIT THE 95 SENSOR AND IT WASN'T CONNECTED,SAME WITH THE (crank)SENSOR NEAR THE OIL FILTER AND THE FRONT ENGINE SENSOR NEAR THE COOLANT WATER PUMP LINE. I'M GOING TO LOOK FOR THE 95 PLUGS TOMORROW BUT I THOUGHT THE CAM SENSOR MANAGED SPARK, as it connects to the head and the coil pack, fuel injectors, etc are connected to the head also. *smacks own head*

And spark only happens when the injectors spray right? Means the coil pack is fine then....
Yes, that would be your exact problem...the crank sensor is the one by your oil filter,
the oil pressure sensor is the one on the same side as the crank sensor but near the tranny
the cam position sensor (the main sensor that controls your spark) is located on the side of the head above the transmission. the big square black sensor, next to the coolant temp. sensor. above the

Old 03-16-2009, 10:53 PM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

are you doing the work in your apartment complex parking lot? heh I know how that can be. When I lived in Alaska, there was a car that sat on a jackstand. The jackstand was placed on a phonebook. The car sat there for weeks like that till it got warmer, then you would see a few guys working on it everyonce and awhile. Kinda funny when you see it but when you have to do it sucks. I had to do my radiator on my crown vic with some cheap Wal-Mart tools at my apartment in Alaska. I also detailed 2 cars before I deployed to Iraq,

Old 03-16-2009, 11:02 PM
ldiablo233
Professional

Ya, I did most of the work at the old owners house, but it was an hour away and having to go back and forth for every little thing sucked. I worked on it 3 days now and already got bitched at despite cleaning up after myself and making no unreasonable noise.

EDIT: She runs, but #2 is misfiring or not firing. I'm going to the jy tomorrow to grab some stuff and I'll get it going cause at first it was #4, then I switched stuff arond and now its #2 which was working at first so its just something small.

Last edited by ldiablo233; 03-17-2009 at 10:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Piston hitting spark plug, but not valves?