1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

I'm Back! again lol!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2009, 01:49 PM
Altima_wb
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Back! again lol!

Well after 2 failed attempts at project neons with first my buddy with his sohc auto project which after blow 2 trannys without getting much besides exhaust and intake he got rid of it cause he was fed up... then my brother inlaw got a dohc neon and started working on that... shortly after he got it though and we were about to start working on it he wrapped it around a tree... so now hopefully the 3rd time is a charm I'm finally here on my own with my very own 97 5spd dohc neon sport... lol i'm not planning anything or crazy.. just gonna plan simple mods aiming for a nice daily driver that will be fun to beat on at the track once and a while... so mainly planing things like intake, tb, pulley, motor mount inserts, bobble strut, free up the exhaust a bit and probably call it a day lol... I pretty much stole the car... bought it for 500 needed a water pump and a timing belt... and both put in a couple years ago but the new water pump failed and chewed the timing belt up... new belt and water pump installed along with a new set of plugs and the thing runs great except for an annoying high idle after pushing the clutch in for the first 20-30 secs then it will idle down any ideas?... other then that i love the car the milage is a lil lower then i thought it would be (about 29) but then again i have a bad habit of getting on her a lil bit... truly is a fun lil car lol so i guess thats probably alright...

edit: I'll try and get some pics up of her in the next couple days...

Old 04-03-2009, 01:04 AM
streetracer88
All Star

nice cant wait to see pics of her

Old 04-03-2009, 01:22 AM
12 volt
Record Breaker

TPS acting up?

Old 04-03-2009, 04:08 AM
Altima_wb
Captain

yeah i was kinda wondering if it was the TPS but i don't have a check engine light and i've had it hooked to a scanner which found nothing at least for now... i guess i will wait and see if it gets worse maybe it will the a CEL...

Old 04-03-2009, 09:44 AM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

Have you checked for vaccume leaks?

Old 04-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Altima_wb
Captain

i haven't yet but i got a coolant line that i'm replacing today so i'll take a look at it today... gonna try to snap some pics of it also lol

Old 04-03-2009, 10:02 PM
Altima_wb
Captain

Alright good news got both the coolant line fixed and the high idle... ended up being a vacuum leak which i fixed and now she runs tip top!!! i also snapped some pics working on getting them on the computer and hopefully will be up soon

Old 04-05-2009, 11:26 PM
Altima_wb
Captain

aight pics are up finally busy busy weekend i took the pics friday but haven't been on the computer really till now...
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/members...dohc-5spd.html

Quick Reply: I'm Back! again lol!