1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Question about Ghettoblaster/EGR heat????

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:35 AM
ldiablo233
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Altima_wb
So what the deal with these Ghettoblaster intakes manifolds... I've seen a lil bit on these and seen pictures but I tried searching for more info on them on here but didn't have much luck... do they really help that much that its worth doing? I know it will help a lot when boosted and probably with a very highly modded engine but what about with just basic bolt ons is it worth it?

Well it helps high end power because the air gets into the engine faster since theres no runners looping and the TB part of the manifold doesn't have the 90 degree bend. You have to use atleast 3 inch pipe for the plenum. I guess its been dyno'd with HP gain. I still have yet to get mine to work without a normal idle but I need my head resurfaced and my manifold bolts heli-coiled which I'm doing this week so we'll see how it goes. You'll probably also need a 2nd gen throttle cable(or longer 1st gen, if you can find one) and then just mod it a little to sit right on the Throttle cable holder at the TB, but the 2nd gen Throttle cable is like wayyyy long for some stupid reason so you have to zip tie it up to stuff. KEep it away from the exhaust manifold, (I know) lol.

Last edited by ldiablo233; 04-12-2009 at 09:37 AM.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:49 AM
Altima_wb
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well seen as my car is mainly just a daily driver... do you lose lowend power at all.. extra topend would be nice for the days i do take her to the track but i can't kill the lowend at all cause that would suck for daily driving.... also i have a DOHC so i have an aluminum intake manifold so it would be a lil harder to do but i could make it work deff would find a extra intake to cut and mod so the car wasn't down while i has getting it ready to go....

Quick Reply: Question about Ghettoblaster/EGR heat????