1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Fog Light How-To Redo

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 01:14 AM
thecause17
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by warpath227
thanks for the help, took a little longer than expected cause my brother's a genius. he decides to help me and ends up bypassing the switch all together.lol

also i don't think u mentioned the WH/OR wire in the part with the relay. it needs a hot wire (constant or ignition) for the switch to work.
Thanks for the heads up, I did forget that. I will add it. Note: I added it to be spliced into the parking lights. That's the only time it should need to be hot, is with the parking/headlights. This is how mine is wired.

and if wanted the fogs to toggle between cutting off with high beams and working with high beams u could put the ground on the relay to a switch!

USE THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
You could do this if you want, but it's general practice to not switch a ground or neutral. Switch the hot side of the relay instead. It'll work both ways, but it's better to switch the hot side, just like you would/should in your house.

Last edited by thecause17; 12-02-2009 at 01:22 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Altima_wb
Captain

i just want them on when my parking lights are on and when the low beams are on... i have actually HID installed so i really don't need much more light when the highbeams are on

Old 12-03-2009, 11:40 PM
apristel

I'm looking to have my 96 avenger factory fogs on with the parking lights... would any of these steps apply to my model/make?

Old 12-04-2009, 01:18 AM
thecause17
Veteran

This is pretty much specific to the 1st gen Neon only. I can't vouch for color coding and positioning of the wiring in an avenger. Your best bet is to pick up a service manual and take a look at the wiring schematics.

Quick Reply: Fog Light How-To Redo