1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Do Not Do Business W/ GhostNeon2!!!!!Be For Warned!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2009, 08:49 PM
96NeonJunk
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Do Not Do Business W/ GhostNeon2!!!!!Be For Warned!!!!!

Guys/Gals...I'm newer to this forum, i made a poor judgement call on a member here on the forums....he sells sohc ported heads for 255 shipped. This is my horrible story for the wait time on my head, i did intend to purchase a cam and ported intake also...i ended up haveing issues w/ my military disability pay, and ended up getting a junk yard cam and porting my own intake soon after telling Carlton didn't have the money 4 his stuff....mind you i paid GhostNeon2 $265 through paypal on November 14th, Seems like a real nice guy but doesn't have his s*** together w/ doing these heads, I on several different occassions got many many excuses why work was halted already paid in full head, everything from broken bits to having to do work for a freind of the family and not finiching my head?....I already had paid & been told almost every week, week n half that he'll get the head sent out asap...over and over does the excuses pile up... I just wanted to let the rest of the sohc neon owners any neon owners at that, its not worth the trouble and B.S. of waiting so long for a single cylinder head, then find out he didn't have the money to get it back from the shop for the cleaning b/c he had no money to get it out.....He's a nice guy but professionally i've seen better service and reliability from Iraqi refugees'. Just thought i put it out here for everyone.... be very weary of his sales...He is unemployed from what i have taken from it, and i thought i'd help the guy out.....Maybe this will put a seroius fire up under his rear to get it done and to me now.... so far its beens 3-4 different excuses of why the head isnt done, its now Dec 18th and i have no head. so everyone now knows...watch it.

Last edited by 96NeonJunk; 12-18-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-18-2009, 11:22 PM
Captansavaho
Captain

I have dealt with Ghost and i got my stuff right away...maybe the guy is having problems getting the head to you and he cant work on it...

Old 12-19-2009, 12:25 AM
96NeonJunk
Rookie

Originally Posted by Captansavaho
I have dealt with Ghost and i got my stuff right away...maybe the guy is having problems getting the head to you and he cant work on it...
oh i know hes having problems....many many problems, about everytime my head is suspose to be shipped, like i said i know he knows his S***, but my point is if he couldn't do it in a certain peroid of time don't continuely drag someone along...he spoke of medical issues so i let things slide 4 awhile, then it turned to issues w/ transportation, then having no money to ship it, then had to work on other things...etc,etc,etc....i'm just letting everyone know as of right now dont take the chance...didnt really want to through anything out here on him...too many promises that have been broke, and pay upfront....i've been talking to him asking the same questions all the time....All in all the guys a great guy, if you dont have the time to do things right and done out the door...dont post it that you have it for sale...we orignally discussed 2 week turn around....dont know how he was when u got urs, mines been absolute nightmare. I now have 500 bucks total into two heads, and well the one i took down to the machine shop...really busy got my 2nd head done within a week...its all bout good business bad business. just making sure that people know it not cast iron 100% a good idea to go this route.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:55 PM
Ghost Neon 2
Record Breaker

All in all, this was my first time doing a head for someone. Having to do the work away from home presented it's own challenges, along with the issues from the neon I just bought. I was incorrect in thinking it would take two weeks to complete. I explained this to him, and responded to all his pm's. Mind you part of this time from ran through the holidays which was the usual PITA, with the machinist taking time off, my carbide bit chipped a blade and had to be replaced, then taking a few days to locate the valves was my fault. Trying to keep my car on the road while being unemployed, and still getting work done on the sohc was next to impossible. I see why most sites quote 3 weeks - 4 weeks. Things happen. I stayed up all night repairing my exhaust that broke on my way over here, and shoveling the drive wayat 3am. Dad's knees are shot, and we all know what the weather is like over here. I have pics to prove it and lack of sleep. I still have to replace my valve seals, but it just has to wait. Getting a head is far more involved than just shipping out parts.

Matt has every right to be frustrated. It has been longer than expected. He has my contact information, and I stay in touch with him. Two relays failing almost left stranded, along with my exhaust breaking where the header meets the cat pipe. That's a first for me.

More importantly, after I make this trip to the parts store, I can get back to addressing Matt's head, again. The money he paid has been spent, and so I'll be scrapping some parts to cover shipping. I'll PM Matt, and leave an update in here so all can be kept up to date.

Old 12-21-2009, 06:32 PM
96NeonJunk
Rookie

Originally Posted by Ghost Neon 2
All in all, this was my first time doing a head for someone. Having to do the work away from home presented it's own challenges, along with the issues from the neon I just bought. I was incorrect in thinking it would take two weeks to complete. I explained this to him, and responded to all his pm's. Mind you part of this time from ran through the holidays which was the usual PITA, with the machinist taking time off, my carbide bit chipped a blade and had to be replaced, then taking a few days to locate the valves was my fault. Trying to keep my car on the road while being unemployed, and still getting work done on the sohc was next to impossible. I see why most sites quote 3 weeks - 4 weeks. Things happen. I stayed up all night repairing my exhaust that broke on my way over here, and shoveling the drive wayat 3am. Dad's knees are shot, and we all know what the weather is like over here. I have pics to prove it and lack of sleep. I still have to replace my valve seals, but it just has to wait. Getting a head is far more involved than just shipping out parts.

Matt has every right to be frustrated. It has been longer than expected. He has my contact information, and I stay in touch with him. Two relays failing almost left stranded, along with my exhaust breaking where the header meets the cat pipe. That's a first for me.

More importantly, after I make this trip to the parts store, I can get back to addressing Matt's head, again. The money he paid has been spent, and so I'll be scrapping some parts to cover shipping. I'll PM Matt, and leave an update in here so all can be kept up to date.

any updates on the head?

Old 12-22-2009, 03:03 AM
ohioguru
Veteran

so all this is over a slower shipping time?

Old 12-22-2009, 03:35 AM
Altima_wb
Captain

dude i was hoping he had changed... but now we are back to the same old games... dude you will be lucky if you ever see that head...
http://forum.1gn.org/viewtopic.php?t=4425
http://forums.neons.org/viewtopic.ph...+neon#p2502371

and the worst part is all the excuses are the same... dude i gave you chance cause you were decent on here and people bought from you and had no issue but no the issues arise again same old game... i really hopes ghostneon had changes seems as he hasn't...

Old 12-22-2009, 07:58 PM
96NeonJunk
Rookie

Originally Posted by ohioguru
so all this is over a slower shipping time?
that n after now close 2 two months time he hasn't even finished working on the head....moral of the story its obvious that i probably will never actually see this cylinder head...

Old 12-22-2009, 08:09 PM
96NeonJunk
Rookie

Originally Posted by Altima_wb
dude i was hoping he had changed... but now we are back to the same old games... dude you will be lucky if you ever see that head...

and the worst part is all the excuses are the same... dude i gave you chance cause you were decent on here and people bought from you and had no issue but no the issues arise again same old game... i really hopes ghostneon had changes seems as he hasn't...

Yea, and at least i didnt get too deep into the price tag i almost bought a cam n ported intake for $270...i wouldve been really pissed....doesnt seem that hes logged in since his last post on here....so Admin might want to get in on this and black list/ ban him? He'll just keep doing it....Hopefully paypal can do something about it...Well glad someone else had some proof to show i'm not nuts...Thanks helps the case a good bit

Old 12-23-2009, 01:49 AM
Captansavaho
Captain

Originally Posted by Altima_wb

those make me laugh because supposedly the guy who got "scammed" is also a scammer... so i find it hard to believe anything in that second link...who knows if that guy really didnt get it? he scammed good people

Quick Reply: Do Not Do Business W/ GhostNeon2!!!!!Be For Warned!!!!!