1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

N2O

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 11:59 AM
95SOHCNeon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: N2O

yea it makes it burn faster and it makes it burn hotter which means melted rings and possibly may ruin your piston

Old 05-11-2005, 01:23 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

NONONO the only thing that causes it to get hotter is detonation and so-on. when A correctly installed and tuned car fitted w/ NOS and all the correct airfuel and exhaust measures its still the same thing well say N20 @ combustion cylinder @ <565* F = Normal rate of combustion since nitrogen breaks down at >565 *= O Oxygen = air which is 36 percent oxygen. 14.7 psi is the normal atmospheric rate =1 BAR Your cars motor is going to fire at the same temp no matter what...the only reason detonation might occur is if there isnt enough fuel to the mixture So that means adding fuel ratio by ecu programming...higher octane gas.....Fuel Rail....Injectors.......fuel pump....Nitrous to fuel ratio should be 5:5:1 its as simple as that. SO let your car run rich its ok...just dont let it run lean then it goes bye bye and a waste of money. There is nothing wrong with it burning faster the burn rate just speeds up its normal consider it an ignition speeder upper....but one thing it most definatley does not do is burn things up unless that (detonation occurs). To lean on gas just leaves less oxygen molecules to bond with at every stroke. The overage of oxygen molecules just allows the fire and heat to explode...its kinda like opening a door in a firey room and allowing oxygen to get to the fire. Hope this thread helps.

Old 05-19-2005, 05:05 PM
orion96325
Rookie

Not to sound smart, but the boiling point of liquid nitrous oxide is -128 F. it boils at this temp as it leaves the bottle. and remember, for every 10 degrees that you cool the intake temperature, you gain appox. 1 percent in hp. ie: underhood temp is 150, spray the nitrous and lower the intake air temp to 50 degrees, on a 150 hp engine, that would a 15 hp gain just in the cooling effect of nitrous. i think it is the best mod for the dragstrip in the $=hp formula. for the street, it's ok, but can cost $$ when used often.

Old 05-20-2005, 05:44 AM
casper
Legend

ORIGINAL: SlowAssNeon

ORIGINAL: casper

Why not just put a turbo and nos on, build the motor, new cam, PCM, an LSD, slicks and have a 9 second car?????
dont we all wish it was that easy...

btw. pcm? more like standalone and LOTS AND LOTS of tuning to run 9s

plan on spending a ton of money to run that fast :lol:

I was joking, making references to Fast and Furious, lol

Old 05-20-2005, 06:23 PM
ClearD
Professional

ok...so is there a smaller turbo that I could find junkyard-style that I wouldn't have to rebuild my engine to put on that would still be safe and wouldn't blow my engine to bits with compression increase?

Old 05-20-2005, 07:02 PM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

why smaller? you could put a 16g on there and run it just fine.. so long as you keep the boost turned down.

Old 05-20-2005, 08:36 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

I think Orion misunderstood me NOS may have a boiling point but has nothing to do w/ that in the cylinders. N20 boils but is still n20 understand. it takes the heat of the internal combustion engine to separate the nitrogen molecules and oxygen. The heat at which it separates is 565 degrees. And actually the boiling point of wet is or when it turns to gas is 97.7 degrees and above. Anything above that temp means its still a gas. I dont know where you got that boiling point thing but thats closer to waters boiling point H20.

Old 05-24-2005, 04:54 PM
ClearD
Professional

oooo ok...how does an intercooler work? [&:]

Old 05-24-2005, 06:16 PM
highrevr/tflea
Champion

Well an intercooler does basically what its called. Cools charged air. Think of it like a radiator that cools liquid. In this case it cools the air the compressor pushes out into the intake, However, first it has to go through the INTERCOOLER. The benefit of colder air is awesome and im sure i dont need to explain more since Im sure you know why that is.

Old 05-25-2005, 05:24 PM
ClearD
Professional

lol yea, ok, now...I'm STILL unclear...does the exhaust air make the turbo spool up? and then, it pulls in fresh air from the vaccuum effect of that? at first, i thought a turbo sent the used exhaust gases back through the engine and i was like...what the hell...lol, so...yea [8D]