Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 11:06 AM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Emmisons sucks

ORIGINAL: RadarLove
you could get a used Mopar PCM, eliminate the code forever
i actually gotta correct that a tad. even with the mopar ecu, you *can* still set off a code for the EGR.. i personally have done so. my egr itself was removed and the port(s) blocked off, but the transducer was still left in the car. i got a transducer to replace mine, but never installed it, as the code didnt come back after i had reset the ecu.

mind you, i had the mopar ecu in for over a year before i got that egr code.. but the fact is that you can still get it, it just takes a lot more to set that code off.

Old 05-17-2005, 02:50 AM
RadarLove
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe it's just the '95 then, because my OBD scanner shows the EGR system as "N/A" with the Mopar unit. Kooky 95's... I don't need a d/s O2 sensor either, and the evap purge circuit doesn't set a code even with the stock PCM. But no code for EGR on 2 PCM's over the last 3 years.

Old 05-17-2005, 11:57 PM
SlowAssNeon
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah its supposedly pretty darn difficult to get the mopar ecu to trip the egr code, but it does. whether or not the '95 will do it as well or not, ive no clue since i dont have a '95. but, youve said it hasnt throwna code for it yet, even on the stock ecu.. which is pretty interesting really. must be nice to have a '95 at times like that then hehe.

Quick Reply: Emmisons sucks