1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Amp blew?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 11:27 PM
StormS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Amp blew?

So I realized my subs weren't working, and I check and its usually cause the power wire falls out or something, but it was still in.

I never have to touch anything on my subs or amps, they are usually always working.

Could it be a fuse? If so, how do I check if its the fuse that blew? Where are the fuses?

How do I check if the amp blew?

My stereo is still working the same, but amp n subs are not.

Let me know what you think. Thanks

Old 05-23-2010, 03:25 PM
bg1995redneon
Captain

Originally Posted by StormS
So I realized my subs weren't working, and I check and its usually cause the power wire falls out or something, but it was still in.

I never have to touch anything on my subs or amps, they are usually always working.

Could it be a fuse? If so, how do I check if its the fuse that blew? Where are the fuses?

How do I check if the amp blew?

My stereo is still working the same, but amp n subs are not.

Let me know what you think. Thanks
Most amps that power subs require so much power that they are directly connected to the battery and have an inline fuse. Check the power wire coming into the amp from the battery. Usually the inline fuse will be under the hood close to the battery on the wire that is added for it - OR- close the the amp itself. Some amps have a circuit breaker that you must manually reset - OR - has a fuse that you must replace if blown.

That is where I would start.

Old 07-19-2010, 04:34 AM
d46313neon
Amateur

if changing out the fuses dont work check ur ground and if that dont work get a new amp

Quick Reply: Amp blew?