1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

suspension. whats best

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 12:36 PM
blacksunshine05
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 22DODGE22
A coil over kit really has no handling advantage. Spring rate and ride height is what effects handling. If you take two identical rated springs one a coil over vs an OEM fit and again they have the exact spring rate, same ride height, there will be no difference in the handling characteristics. Of course when in install a stiffer than stock spring, you will improve handling/cornering. however, as you install stiffer springs, your daily drive feel will suffer. For some, that's fine but for others, it becomes uncomfortable.
You are correct to a point. However with coilover you have the ability to corner balance them which most people don't do. This will help out with handling more then people realize.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:21 PM
showsxt
Record Breaker

Yes indeed I actually did with my 1st gen r/t and wow amazing. Youll love coilovers which whatever brand you get like eibach or kws or bcs.

Old 02-10-2011, 07:35 PM
22DODGE22
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I made my own with some cheap stock car adjusters and some cheap stock springs. total cost was $10/corner. total investment was $80. But the car rides a lot firmer. My mom doesn't like the stiffness. I went softer on the springs and went to really BIG front and rear sway bars. car handles even better and rides much nicer on rough roads.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:16 AM
DOHCgarrett t3
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 22DODGE22
I made my own with some cheap stock car adjusters and some cheap stock springs. total cost was $10/corner. total investment was $80. But the car rides a lot firmer. My mom doesn't like the stiffness. I went softer on the springs and went to really BIG front and rear sway bars. car handles even better and rides much nicer on rough roads.
heh he said his "mom did'nt like the stiffness", which has to be a lie because she had him.

Quick Reply: suspension. whats best