1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

95 neon highline issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2011, 07:06 PM
red95
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 neon highline issues

i have a 95 neon sohc auto and its runnin weird like its missing i checked fuel and fire and everything is good replaced alot like map sensor fuel filter, spark plugs and wires injectors when i pull the number three spark plug wire with it running it doesnt change anything like all the others do and the same with number three injector i pull the two pin connector that feeds it power and it doesnt change the pitch the idle nothing but plugs wires and injectors are all new it takes its time from a dead stop to get up to speed but when i get on the highway it runs better but its still missing you can here the miss out of the exhaust i have checked the cam, springs, and rockers everything is good is there anybody that could help me figure out why its missing

Last edited by red95; 04-10-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:52 PM
bg1995redneon
Captain

have you checked to see if you are getting any PCM error codes? Not every error lights up the CEL, some are just stored until checked.

Have you checked your coil?

Have you checked the continuity and resistence on the plug wires?

Have you put a spark checker on the wire end to make sure it is getting juice to the plug?

Have you checked the plugs to make sure they are OK?

Did you put a noid light on the injectors to see if they are firing?

Have you checked the compression for the cylinders and/or done a leak down check?

Old 04-11-2011, 05:09 PM
red95

I have done all that except for a noid light i used a test light but somebody said that dont work and i havent checked compression

Quick Reply: 95 neon highline issues