1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Dodge / Plymouth ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 09:41 PM
ATL Neon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Dodge / Plymouth ???

ORIGINAL: RadarLove
If your VIN starts with "1", it's country of origin was the U.S. If it starts with a "3", it originated in Mexico. More of both originated in the U.S.

If the 11th digit of the VIN is a "D", it was assembled in Belvidere, IL (U.S.A.). If it's a "T", it was assembled in Toluca (Mexico). More of both were assembled in Belvidere.

The difference between Dodge and Plymouth? The 2nd digit of the VIN is a "B" for Dodge, and "P" for Plymouth. Plus the aforementioned badging...
Thanks for that. Thats some good info. Based on that, my girlfriend's Neon was made in Belvidere. Its been having a lot of problems lately so I was starting to wonder if it was made in Mexico and that was the cause. Probably just bad luck I guess.

Old 08-21-2005, 08:31 AM
Brians95NeonSport

My 96 Neon sport AND my 95 PLymouth Neon sport were both built in Belvedere. I used to design factory audio systems for these and many others, minor differnces off of the same assembly line. Kinda like Chevy/GMC.
Brian

Old 08-21-2005, 08:34 AM
Brians95NeonSport

THe org. has a VIN decoder, it will tell you were it was built and what it was built as.
Brian

Quick Reply: Dodge / Plymouth ???