1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Car Shakes

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2005, 06:41 PM
DaGGer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Shakes

Ok well i just changed the raditor out on the car and there are two hoses going into the front raditor and one of them we had to jimmy rig to stay on because the bolt broke off and i didn't have the tools to drill the screw out right then. I just did that. Now the car shakes when you get into 3rd, it starts to shake real bad. Now what could this be, and also could this have anything to do from changing the raditor out.

Old 12-22-2005, 05:37 PM
ChrisVZ
Default RE: Car Shakes

sounds like a wheel balance problem. Reading your post it sounds like you had to "jimmy rig" a hose clamp. This would have nothing to do with the car's handling, but I do reccomend that you replace the clamp as soon as possible. An improper clamp could allow coolant to leak and allow your engine to overheat.

Old 12-22-2005, 05:44 PM
dazzellers_95
Professional

ORIGINAL: ChrisVZ

sounds like a wheel balance problem. Reading your post it sounds like you had to "jimmy rig" a hose clamp. This would have nothing to do with the car's handling, but I do reccomend that you replace the clamp as soon as possible. An improper clamp could allow coolant to leak and allow your engine to overheat.
x2^^
neons have a real problem when it comes to balancing the wheels. you have to use the correct weight down to the 1/8 oz. mine does it when i go down the drag strip because of the improper balancing. you are probably goin bout 35-45 mph i am guessing. most neons shake at around 50-75mph. get it to a tire store and have it checked. maybe rebalanced to the 1/8 oz weight.

Old 12-22-2005, 06:06 PM
illegalneon

OK THATS ANOTHER PROBLEM THAT I HAD AND I JUST REPLACED THE LOWER A-ARM BECAUSE IT WAS BENT AND I THOUGHT THAT WAS THE PROBLEM,MINES SHAKE AT 45-50MPH SO NOW THAT I KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS IM GOING TO FIX THAT ASAP!!

Old 12-22-2005, 10:34 PM
casper
Legend

Was the car shaking before you worked on it? If not, a picture might help or some more info, what was the screw that you rigged? A radiator will have nothing to do with your car shaking. What else did you touch?

Quick Reply: Car Shakes