1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

99 dodge neon sport r/t 4 door sedan

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 12:46 PM
99neonguy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 99 dodge neon sport r/t 4 door sedan

i have had a problem with random misfires. at first it was cylinder 2 which wasn't noticeable then it stopped now it says it is cylinder 4 misfire. i have a problem with the head gasket, i used steel seal to try to fix it but not sure if it worked. i have only changed the spark plugs nothing else with wires , fuel injectors, etc. i can go days without a problem then it just misfires. i just give it some gas and it balance's out and runs fine. i don't feel a lose of horsepower and i track my gas mileage and since putting a new muffler on have been getting better mileage. this problem has been driving me insane. i am somewhat mechanically inclined but do not know a ton about a motor. i can explain more details if anyone comments i need to get it inspected this month and am trying to find a solution. This has been going on for months if anyone has any ideas please let me know. i forgot to mention in the title that the motor is DOHC 2.0.

Last edited by 99neonguy; 06-06-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-15-2012, 01:42 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Spark plugs should be changed every 10,000 miles with the stock copper Champion plugs. Do not use platinum or split-fire plugs, they are a waste on the neon's waste-spark ignition system. All you need is a 3/8" socket wrench, an extension and a spark plug removal socket. Very easy to do.

Quick Reply: 99 dodge neon sport r/t 4 door sedan