1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

fuel injectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 12:19 AM
dragon_bonz
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question fuel injectors

What bigger fuel objectors can I scavange from another car I have a 98 dodge neon sohc I am going to turbo it next year trying to prepare for it.

Old 04-15-2013, 12:27 AM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

I would just get a set of srt-4 ones. I used some bonneville SS injectors before, direct bolt in. They are only 28lb/hr, which is about 300cc. The srt-4 ones are over 500cc's depending on which ones you get. Stock injectors are about 200cc.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:29 AM
dragon_bonz
Amateur

I am only going upto 15 lbs boost will 300 cc be enough? I can tell u what I have done..

First a complete rebuild incl. New pistons,oil and water pump, ac and she removed,a real cold air intake, underdrive pulley, remand head, new plugs and NASCAR racing plug wires,3" cat back magnaflow exhaust, racing motor mounts, fuel pump, new stage 1 modular racing clutch, sway arm bushings and did some polishing on head I think thats all

Old 04-18-2013, 01:09 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Hmm this is my 3rd time posting on this thread I hope this time it saves it. I need to know more about the setup. Internals on the motor? Fuel setup? tuning? Turbo size? and so on.

Old 04-19-2013, 01:17 PM
dragon_bonz
Amateur
Cool about my car

Plymouth Dodge 2.0 SOHC 16V New Overhaul Engine Kit ECB from ebay and obx underdrive pulley bahnhof stage 1 racing clutch for now and mine is the modular type so it says it handels upto 245 hp and i have racing motor mounts remaned head form second gen with a little port and polish, real cold air intake,3" hand made magnaflow exahust system to mimic the srt4 kinda, fuel system still kinda stock but new fuel pump strut tower bars and the turbo is off of ebay as well but will change out the clamps atleast cant really beat the price for almost every thing u need in the kit less than 700. like i said befor i am not trying to go extream. i have a family just want to gett up around 300hp more than enough for this car. my friend has an evo8 that puts out 865hp on e85 no joke look up "natesevocommentary" on youtube

Last edited by dragon_bonz; 06-25-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:51 AM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

So the motor is stock internals. I would not run more then 10psi which would be easy to touch 250hp. Still didn't tell me how your tuning it, or what fuel setup. 300cc injectors should put out enough fuel for 10psi on a smaller turbo at about 70psi of fuel pressure area. Idle pressure would be around 25psi area. So you will need a regulator with a ratio to get you into that area, you will also need to spool boy mod the canister, eliminate stock regulator, and get a walboro 255 fuel pump. Also you need a missing link, boost gauge, and wideband. The ebay rebuild kits and turbo kits are junk just a heads up, I know from experience. I built my 1st gen turbo kit using name brand or oem parts for $950 area with gaskets, fluids, gauges, the whole works.

If it were me i would talk to wyked performance about getting a flashed ecu, and just use srt-4 injectors with the stock fuel canister and no return. I didn't have this option when I did mine.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:15 PM
dragon_bonz
Amateur
Cool ok i am a nooob afer what i have done

so let me start with this is the most modifying i have ever done to a car anything past what i have already done is new to me so most of what your talking about idont know what it is i just know i have great mechanic skills and can figure out a way to do almost anything. so my thread about my oil leak we found and fixed hofully and it all came from the little oil o ring between the bed plate and block, it some how moved and was not all the way in the hole and got smashed between the two but withengine still in car took of every thing on the bottom end lowered the bed plate a half inchand swaped it out for a new one wil get it back together tonight. as they say were there is a will ther is a way. so walk me through a little more detailed if you have time not doing it till next sumer just dont want to run into any snags my email is dragon_bonz@hotmail.com and how can i put more pics up ?

Old 04-20-2013, 10:43 PM
I_Ride_Neon
Record Breaker

Yea I have actually forgot the o ring before woops. Its problematic for many. Just go to photobucket.com and sign up. It lets you upload photos. Once then are uploaded you can click share next to the photos and if you scroll over through the options it will say HTML share copy that link and paste it here. Or upload the photo on facebook, make the photo public and post it here.

Here is a very old write up I did that goes over a few things, read this and let me know if you have any more questions https://dodgeforum.com/forum/1st-gen...your-neon.html

Old 04-25-2013, 12:54 PM
dragon_bonz
Amateur
Question tuning

so what tuning can i do with out replacing my ecu

Old 04-25-2013, 05:19 PM
dragon_bonz
Amateur
Default knock sensor ?

should there be coolant the would leak from my knock sensor cause thats what it looks like ?

Quick Reply: fuel injectors