1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

5 to 4 lug pattern

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2006, 11:21 PM
lavallainc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 5 to 4 lug pattern

hey guys got another ?. lol i got these nice looking rims for 150 with brand new tires and the rims are new. but they are 4 lugs and i have 5. i took them cause i would be stupid not to buy them lol. but i know theres those wheel adapters. but i dont' think they make the 5 to 4 lug. unless u guys know a site where i can get them from. and i know neons allso come 4 lug. i know i would have to change my rotors my drums. and all 4 hubs. but i was wondering if it was worth it or it is and easy thing to do.i was looking at it and it doesn't look that bad of a job just gunna cost me for drums and rotors and hubs. just let me know if its easy thanks

Old 01-24-2006, 03:00 AM
tchase
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 5 to 4 lug pattern

I would say it's defineately not worth it for a cheap set of rims. I've always been slightly envious of the 4-lug guys for thier wide selection of rims, but the drawbacks far outwiegh the 1 benefit. You would certainly need ALL new brake parts (4 lugs have smaller brakes), hubs and possibly front spindles (not sure if the calipers mount up the same), maybe even a master cylinder. Also if your planning on making any serious power you'll need to take your new hubs and replace all the studs as high powered 4-luggers are known for snapping the weak stock studs off and tossing wheels. The dealers actually carry stronger studs for them (or they did at least). I know it sucks, but I'd keep looking for some 5-lug rims, it's not like you can't find some snot-nosed honda driver who's willing to pay twice what thier worth for the ones you have.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:57 PM
casper
Legend

NO, Your gonna spend $500, a whole lot of time and knuckles to do it. There are plenty of rims that are 5X100 out there the are the right offset for the neon, thats the cheapest and easiest way to go.

Old 01-24-2006, 10:19 PM
lavallainc

thanks guys i'll just sell the rims. i was gunna get my money back but i could make a lot more money off them if i selll them. the guy paid a lot for these rims and tires. they were on a 240sx. got another ? for u guys whats up with the wheel spacer adapters they good or strong enought to work. i'm not gunna get them but i allways worried. i seen a lot of cars, thats the rims are sticking out real far. but if i get like fender flares and make the neon wider. will those things hold. cause the car will look bad if the rims are inside the car real far. let me know thanks

Old 01-24-2006, 11:54 PM
gutted
Veteran

If it's a proper sized spacer, they are fine. Autocross guys run them to get wider wheels and rubber on the car.

Old 01-25-2006, 03:32 PM
lavallainc

thanks guys. u guys no any honda drives or 4 lug people who want to buy some rims lol

Old 01-25-2006, 08:46 PM
casper
Legend

ORIGINAL: lavallainc

thanks guys. u guys no any honda drives or 4 lug people who want to buy some rims lol
Ebay is gonna be your best friend!!

Old 01-25-2006, 09:39 PM
lavallainc

i never sold anything on ebay before. i have bought lots of stuff. omg i forgot about the ebay store down town. should go drop the rims off there.

Old 01-25-2006, 10:04 PM
casper
Legend

There you go.

Quick Reply: 5 to 4 lug pattern