1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

voltige stablizer

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 01:34 AM
lavallainc
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default voltige stablizer

i was wondering if u guys know anything about these things. if they work or if they don't. cuase my car like drops when i have the heat on or the a/c on and its soo annoying when i'm driveing. i can feel it when i'm driveing and i don't think its good. then when my system hits(which i got a capacitor for and still does it) it goes way down in the rpms and feels like my car is going to die. i have to turn down the system when i'm stopped at a red light. which probally isn't good either for my car. so i was thinking of getting this or i was thinking of getting another capacitor and let the car take all the power out of that, and then it won't be running on just my battery. but if u guys have any other solutions let me know. cuase i have to put an end to this. thanks

Old 03-14-2006, 01:44 AM
burpleneon
Professional
Default RE: voltige stablizer

is the alternator ok?

Old 03-14-2006, 03:39 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should get a volt gauge, especially since the Neon's don't have one and since you have a system in it. You can get an AutoMeter volt gauge and pillar mount and it is fairly easy to install. If you want to know right away and don't want to do a gauge install, you can get the Cyberdyne plug-in volt meter (part# 280-A003E060N at Jegs) that simply plugs into your cigarette lighter. It could be your battery going bad. Does the engine crank slower than usual on start up?

Old 03-14-2006, 04:56 AM
lavallainc

my alternator is like 3 months old i changed it not that long ago. i had a volt gauge in my car before. and my car is allways running at 14.3 volts cuase my capacitor tells me how many volts is in my battery. which is good to know cuase i look at that to know if my batter needs a little charge. i have an optima red top in there too. i just can't figure this thing out i checked my battery alternator is good i got a capacitor. i just need somthing to that helps out the whole system. cuase my friend has like the same amount of wattage in his car and he doesn't even have a capacitor and his car doesn't do that at all. he drives a 98 pontiac sunfire. the car has been doing this like forever. so i changed the stuff that i think would do it, then i added the capacitor to end it and still does it. shes starts up fine like usually. when i'm driveing and i turn on the heat and i put it in nutral it revs the engine up a little past 1000 rpms

Old 03-15-2006, 06:01 AM
71RoadRunner
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you checked all the grounds, both for the engine and the system? Have you upgraded the engines grounds or added ground wires to it?

Old 03-15-2006, 06:32 PM
lavallainc

no where are all the grounds on my car. and where should they al be grounded too. cause i'll check them maybe they came off or i forgot to put one on somewhere.

Old 03-15-2006, 07:05 PM
highline95jl
Record Breaker

just ground it to any part of the car.

Old 03-15-2006, 07:33 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i used to have a 1200 watt audiobahn amp and a 12 inch 4 voice coil audiobahn imortal sub in my car and it did the same thing...only when i was just driving about 70mph down the road the rpms would drop to about 2000...and it would die at a stop light...and i had a .5 farad audiobahn cap and a 1 farad digital cap hooked up....i connected a 4 gauge wire from the battery to the car, the throttle body to the car, and the trans to the car...basically anyhere that looked good....it helped out alot...but the main cause was the ohms that the sub was wired at, the sub was pulling too much from the amp...once i rewired it, the surging stopped...

Old 03-15-2006, 11:36 PM
lavallainc

how did u re wire the whole thing. i changed my capcitors ground and my amps ground i'm about to put a capacitor between my car and the battery and still have the one between my amp and my battery do u guys think this will work and solve the problem or should i expect the whole thing or just start grounding things to my chassis. cuase its not just the system doing it. if i turn off the system it still does it. if i decide i want the heat on just one turn u just feel the power drop when i'm driveing. so maybe the capacitor thing will work.

Old 03-16-2006, 12:31 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any extran grounds should help a little...when i wired up the caps i had the power wire from the battery to one cap, then from that cap to the other cap then to the amp...they all ran into a series....both caps and the amp were grounded together at one spot...if that doesnt work then the battery could be a factor in it...i had alot of problems with my optima battery, so its just been sitting in the yard for over a year being used as a parking block...what kind of subs do you have? and what kind of amp??

Quick Reply: voltige stablizer