1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

97 Neon Headgasket replacement, car won't start...

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 04:40 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 97 Neon Headgasket replacement, car won't start...

it doesnt take much to bend valves...when i did it on my first neon, it was idleing at a stop sign when the belt broke, bent 4 valves

Old 06-16-2006, 04:45 PM
DGermann
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about cylinder damage?? The shop now says there is cylinder damage and wants to rebuild the motor-time frame-2 weeks. Is that even possible?? I mean it was just cranked with the timing off, and the first time the timing was off really bad was only 3 or 4 cranks. I looked at the cylinder-number 3 looked fine to me no marks or anything. This "friend" now wants us to pay for the repairs-since she feels we f*ed her car up. I still think the shop is not trustworthy. I mean they have a girl who is desperate to get her car back and was suppose to get her HG done by them and didn't so now shes back there again, and they want money $$$$- I am just bitter about this whole thing, can't even touch her car now so its out of my hands and whatever the shop does they do...

Old 06-16-2006, 05:11 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The neons have an iron block not aluminum, so I don't see it damaging the cylinder walls. I have seen hydrolocked engines rip apart the pistons, but not do any damage to the walls. Just my opinion.

Quick Reply: 97 Neon Headgasket replacement, car won't start...