Hey all

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 05:02 AM
YoungNclueless15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hey all

ORIGINAL: Mruf

Looks pretty nice. You should keep it!
I would, but my dad refuses to let me drive it. He says its too much of a deathtrap and he said he would rather just get a new car / truck.

Then again thats coming from a guy who gets a free truck of his choice every two years ( Only requirement is that its a Ford ) along with free gass and maintenance. He currently has a F-350 Turbo Diesel which is pretty sweet. You shoulda saw the bill for that one. He said when he picked it out and chose it it came out to be around $54,000. I'm jealous haha. He currently has a year 2000, he could of gotten a new one, but he said he didnt need one yet.

Old 07-01-2006, 05:22 AM
Mruf

Take the neon, and get a truck from your dad. The neon can be your project car. You could turn it into an autocrosser, dragger, rally car, "showin-up-the-ricers-on-friday-night" car, or whatever your tendancies are. And you still have the truck to tow it to races.

Sounds like money isn't a huge concern. Get your dad to let you have it as a toy! :P

If you can pull this off at 16, you'll be 15 years ahead of me!

Old 07-01-2006, 05:36 AM
YoungNclueless15

ORIGINAL: Mruf

Take the neon, and get a truck from your dad. The neon can be your project car. You could turn it into an autocrosser, dragger, rally car, "showin-up-the-ricers-on-friday-night" car, or whatever your tendancies are. And you still have the truck to tow it to races.

Sounds like money isn't a huge concern. Get your dad to let you have it as a toy! :P

If you can pull this off at 16, you'll be 15 years ahead of me!
Thats actually a really good idea. He would definitely give me the money for whatever I wanted to do with it. I could make a nice sleeper or a nice drag car. He understands the need for speed and would definitely help me do it all , his first car was a 'Cuda that he bought for 500 dollars and ended up wrecking in a field. He then went on to race go-carts and then stock cars. He likes the "keep it on the track" philosophy ( which is always wise) so maybe If I do keep it I'll turn it into a autocrosser or drag car. My uncle would help too because he used to race a bunch of cars too ( He got my dad into it ) and he also gets the same benifits as my dad ( along with soem other crazy benefits )

Hmmm, maybe my dad will get a special bonus soon and be able to choose any ford car he wants. Ford GT here I come! Heh, that would be sweet.

Old 07-01-2006, 04:28 PM
NEONRT98
All Star

Hell, thats one good look'n car! If you can get him to let you keep it and sink some money into it, should do the MTX swap, slap the SRT-4 turbo on it, of course change out the internals and whatnot. It'd be a nice lil' project. Heh, I wish I could do that with my R/T! Though I got the MTX already :-D Quick lil thing, I run high 15's and its practially stock! Heh.. Imagine the possibilities and DEFINATELY keep us up to date man!

Old 07-01-2006, 04:31 PM
NEONRT98
All Star

Hell, thats one good look'n car! If you can get him to let you keep it and sink some money into it, should do the MTX swap, slap the SRT-4 turbo on it, of course change out the internals and whatnot. It'd be a nice lil' project. Heh, I wish I could do that with my R/T! Though I got the MTX already :-D Quick lil thing, I run high 15's and its practially stock! Heh.. Imagine the possibilities and DEFINATELY keep us up to date man!

Old 07-01-2006, 04:57 PM
YoungNclueless15

I have the master plan. Ill buy a multi-million dollar Abrahms Tank and do an engine swap! 1,200HP Diesel here I come! Yeehaw!

...Now I just have to find somewhere to put the engine.......Hmm maybe I can tow It on a trailer behind it!

I'll give the Bugatti Veyron some competition!

Old 07-01-2006, 06:32 PM
tomthedog
Captain

the tank has a turbine engine, not a diesel. you'd save money by going with a chinook eng that puts out over 4000. now that you got a place for the eng, where's the gas tank gonna be?

Old 07-01-2006, 09:12 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

on a trailer behind the engine????

oh and as for an answer to a previous question, a dohc would only have 32 valves if it was an 8 cylinder
sohc and dohc both have 16 valves(4 per cylinder)...