1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

Water on back floor

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Allnbrgdn
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water on back floor

I have noticed alot of water on the floors of the backseats of my 97' neon 4dr, I have heard of window resevoirs, to clean them, but where are they? if someone know please help!

Old 07-07-2006, 11:15 PM
pimpberetta
Veteran
Default RE: Water on back floor

I believe the solution to the water on the floor is the rear tail light seals. My car used to do that too. Replaced the seals and everything was good again.

g/l

Old 07-08-2006, 05:10 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain

same here, I went a little further though, only because I didn't think to check the tail lights,I went out and bought some 3M rubber stuff and took the carpet or whatever that stuff is called out of my trunk and spraid it down,but it was the tailight letting the water in, good luck and hope some of that helps

Old 07-08-2006, 07:30 AM
LilRedNeon97
Professional

From an old post.....

AAAHHH! WATER IN MY CAR!! - 5/16/2005 2:23:07 AM

Ok, so I tried the "water in the gutter" idea and could not tell where it was going... so, I decided to pull the carpet out of the trunk. By the way, it was NOT pretty in there!! Goo galore!! Why did the previous owner not fix this??!!? Anyway, after I scrubbed It down with all kindsa cleaner and vacuumed it all out. I tried "water in the gutter" again... This time, without the carpet covering the issue, I could see where it was coming out. The water was going in the small gap where the left tail light meets the trunk seal and coming out all the way in the corner of the trunk where one of the wires comes out from the tail light. The water was coming in and running alongside the wheelwell, traveling under the seat, toward the door and onto my damn carpet!! I have yet to silicone it, I didn't have any. I'm going to change the seals and take it from there.

.,................................................ .................................................. .................................................. .........................................

this worked.... until i got a new radio and speakers installed. i dont know what they (BestBuy) did but maybe somehow taking out the seats and stuff messed up my fix! i dunno! but its was Months that i hadnt gotten a single drop of water. as soon as the installed my stuff... next rain.... water in the car!!

but try it. it did work.... for a while.

Old 07-12-2006, 08:54 PM
Allnbrgdn
Rookie

What do you think is the best product to seal the tail lights? and do you know where i can just buy new seals? thanks for the help

Old 07-12-2006, 10:34 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New seals may help, but you will still have a gap. Get some silicone at your local auto parts or home store and seal them up.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:39 PM
LilRedNeon97
Professional

yep! just regular old clear silicone! ...does the trick! just make sure you fill in the whole gap. it may look kinda bad at first, but you wont even notice it after a while.

Old 07-15-2006, 04:28 PM
Allnbrgdn
Rookie

I sealed them, we will see what happens

Quick Reply: Water on back floor