o2 sensor question

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 10:24 PM
das2123
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: o2 sensor question

ORIGINAL: neoncrazy101

oh thats interesting... heres another question then... what size is the standard exhaust tubing on a SOHC Neon?
95-99 SOHC and DOHC all have 2.25" piping.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:34 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's cool I know you weren't and I wasn't either that's why I put that I wasn't trying to offend anyone because after reading it, I thought that sounds harsh and might be taken the wrong way, and your right money just doesn't grow on tree's especially with the way gas prices are today, thanks for the info I might just crawl under the car and put the second O2 sensor in,but thats when Im not being lazy in the summer heat. I also beat the crap out of my converter but gave up half way through because I was hot and it just seemed like I would never get all of that honey comb crap out then the donut gasket broke and i had to get another one of those but the guy gave me the wrong type so yeah, you said you had many years of expereince and if I had a hold of a SRT 4 engine and you lived in ohio Id be trying to use that experience I was just checking into one today but someone got dibs on it. how much did it cost for the dyno if you payed? and if not how much would a dyno cost? thanks for the extra info it was helpful

Old 07-19-2006, 12:37 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does taking out the cat. and replacing it with a straight pipe give any extra performance by any chance? jw

Old 07-19-2006, 12:57 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain

I would think so, a lot of neons have done it, and 5's info helped confirm some added hp as long as the rear O2 sensor is taken cared of. its less restrictive then the cat and allows more free low exhaust and if you have a header t really allows some good flow. that's part of the set up i have now, the pipe with O2 bung, Header, exhaust. pulley and CAI, Id love to get my hands on a polished intake mani or at least one I could work on my self, Ive seen some on ebay but they go quick, and Ive heard that the indy intake is hard to put in

Old 07-19-2006, 07:33 PM
5.0LTREATER
Rookie

The dyno I use is a Dynojet and is $50 for three pulls w/o wideband. Wideband is $20 extra. You can by dyno time for $110 an hour. The best deal for tuning is the time, but if you are just trying to get a baseline, they offer a dyno day about every three months. It is a nice event on Saturdays and usually a big turnout with 50 or so cars, and a hell of alot of people watching and having a good time. It usually starts about 8 in the AM and lasts till whenever everyone starts hearing Hooter's wings calling our name in the evening. On a dyno day you get three pulls with wideband for $50.
As far as what a dyno cost to buy.......I would hate to speculate. But if there is a demand in your area, and no dyno available, the market could be wide open for a business opportunity. There is no better way to make $$$'s than doing something you like.

Old 07-20-2006, 01:27 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain

yeah the closest dyno is an hour away in Columbus ohio, bucyrus has a car show every year and some business brings there dyno in but you can never get to it because of the list, Id have to show up and camp out or something just to use it, that or wake up extremely early and drive there, that would be a good idea to buy one and set one up here, every friday sat and sun on the main street we all go racing and stuff, Id make a killing, but the cost wow, one guy use to have one here but packed up and left and he was charging a nice little penney to, but I guess he could do that seeing how it was the only dyno in town.

Quick Reply: o2 sensor question