HELP! ASAP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2006, 11:14 PM
NEONRT98
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! ASAP!!!!

THIS CAR IS DRIVING ME INSANE....

I went to the junk yard, got a used starter, put it in, same issue... took it back got my money back and went to another, got another starter, and now its doing the same thing AGAIN....

I dont think my starter is bad.. I think something else is bad.. WTF could be going on!!!

I crank over the key, and every now and then you hear a CLICK... then sometimes it doesnt do anything at all..

I have cleaned all the connections, made sure they were tight. I have also checked all the wiring, make sure I am getting proper volts to everything, and be sure of no faulty wires...

Checked all the relays and fuses...

I AM STUMPED.. PLEASE HELP ME! I am 2 steps away to going to town with a nice sized sludgehammer....

Old 07-18-2006, 11:50 PM
muhl5443
Rookie
Default RE: HELP! ASAP!!!!

my guess is that it is ur alternator.

Old 07-19-2006, 12:31 AM
neoncrazy101
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could it be your fuel injectors not working?

Old 07-19-2006, 12:46 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain

sounds like after all the checking that the alternator might be the prob, after one of my fusable links blew I installed a gauge pod with the voltage meter to show stuff like that. try pulling the codes if you haven't already and see if that sheds some light, if not try having it checked at autzone, advanced auto or some place like that who won't charge you for it, or make an investment if you haven't done so and crab and ohm meter and do that yourself as well as any other thing that could be causing this problem good luck and hope some of that was helpfull

Old 07-19-2006, 12:51 AM
NEONRT98
All Star

Problem being.. My car isnt even starting! I have charged the battery also, I just went out and bought a new ground wire, maybe that is the problem... hrm.. very aggrevating!

Old 07-19-2006, 01:01 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain

maybe be a dumb question but does you car get any power at all? radio,chime, dome light, anything? my friend denis had problems starting his car, had no power no nothing, ding barry dan left something on and drained the battery but, that still wasn't the prob till we looke at the terminals, one of them had a crack in it. maybe it is the ground, make sure you clean up the area where your hooking it up too so it can make good contact, hope some of that was helpfull and good luck !!

Old 07-19-2006, 02:06 AM
NEONRT98
All Star

Heh, upon further inspection of the leads off the battery (As in, taking the chaffing guards off), I found out that someone did a number in repairing the ground lead, and that it was connected to a painted surface!!! Why it suddenly decided to be retarded and act up I dont know.. but I found the problem and its up and running now! Thanks for all the help guys!

Old 07-19-2006, 02:26 AM
FuzzRacer
Captain

welcome, anytime, just glad it was something stupid and not something that would cost some serious money

Old 07-22-2006, 10:17 AM
neon.ace

glad to hear it waas just a faulty grounding source. Sometimes it can be that simple and, sometimes not. So now your car is starting every time without any troubles at all? If so GREAT!!!!

Old 07-22-2006, 01:42 PM
NEONRT98
All Star

Yep, two starters and about 3 attempts at blowing the car up later, its running like a champ! Yay! Though this car has given me headache, I love driving it and I suppose on the up-side of things I get the mechanical experience!

Quick Reply: HELP! ASAP!!!!