1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

co2 purge into c.a.i

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 09:27 PM
noen_newbe
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default co2 purge into c.a.i

what up i was wondering what if you some how got co2 purged into the intake would it have any affect like i know cold air is great and co2 from my expreince is cold when you let it out the bottle would this work ? does any one know what im tring to say

Old 07-22-2006, 10:33 PM
pimpberetta
Veteran
Default RE: was woundering

In theory that should work. It's kind of like NO2 in a sense, its denser so it draws in colder air and creates a much faster, more powerful burn.

I'd say try, anything is possible man!

Welcome to the boards.

Old 07-23-2006, 03:27 AM
ewetho
All Star

Except that CO2 does not support combustion for crap it can cool off your charge air. Better in a system around an airbox or through the outside of a charge air cooler (Intercooler) not in the engine. The reason we use NO2 or NOS is that it will readily give up its O2 and support combustion as well as make the intake charge cooler and more dense.

Old 07-23-2006, 07:40 PM
noen_newbe
Veteran

ORIGINAL: ewetho

Except that CO2 does not support combustion for crap it can cool off your charge air. Better in a system around an airbox or through the outside of a charge air cooler (Intercooler) not in the engine. The reason we use NO2 or NOS is that it will readily give up its O2 and support combustion as well as make the intake charge cooler and more dense.
i dont want to ruin it and...... yea soo what would you advice me to do try it and hope for the best or just forget it and scrap the idea
i dont realy understand the air box theroy ewtho talked about because if i shot it in the air box wouldnt it still get in the engine ? thanks for the help though

Old 07-24-2006, 01:33 AM
IGottaFreeNeon
Professional

I saw a kit that you could buy that is kind of like this. It had a cooling element that you install in the intake, so basically you weren't shooting co2 directly into the intake, you were just cooling the element which in turn cooled the air. I think it's called Cryo2 or something like that. Check Jegs.com or summitsportcompact.com one of those guys had it I think.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:03 AM
dogdaysunrise
Veteran

Correct me if i am wrong, but wouldnt co2 take away from the amount of o2 entering the combustion chamber? More co2 means less o2. I may be way off base, but that is the first thing that comes to my mind.

Old 07-24-2006, 02:25 PM
noen_newbe
Veteran

sup again
what dogdaysunrise said seems plazable im not to keen on it though since i failed chem class but that kit is on summitsportcompact.com but the way they have it doesnt seem to be to thought out because .... do you guys remember the tornado fuel saver it lowers gas cuz it blocking the air flow wouldnt this do the same and fillin a 5 lb can of co2 is kinda expensive i was thinking mybe there is a way to have two cans one full and one empty and when we turn it on it will switch back and forth saving that co2 . does anyone have any thought on this
btw sorry there is so many spelling errors it cuz im typing off my phone [X(]
ORIGINAL: dogdaysunrise

Correct me if i am wrong, but wouldnt co2 take away from the amount of o2 entering the combustion chamber? More co2 means less o2. I may be way off base, but that is the first thing that comes to my mind.

Old 07-24-2006, 03:26 PM
5.0LTREATER
Rookie

Co2 will not support combustion at all. It will put a fire out by starving it of o2. Freeneon is correct, the Cryo2 system uses an egg (element) that is placed in the intake tube. The Co2 is passed through this tube at high pressure, when the Co2 hit the egg it expands thus making the element icy cold. The air coming in the intake passes over the egg cooling it down.

If you shoot Co2 directly into you intake like nitrous, your car will die.

neon_newbe: you've got a good idea, but you would need a two way pump system. All that would happen if you hooked one full can to one empty can with a solenoid in the middle, is that once the pressures between the two cans equalized, the Co2 would not go either way. In other words once half of the full can pumped into the empty can, you would be done. Now if you can think up a two way pump, (compressor) you could pump from the full can to the empty, then switch direction and pump it back the other way. You might be on track to make some $$$ for a new idea. Keep thinking!!!!

Have you ever seen the A/C lines on a car freeze and get all frosty? What about routing that A/C line through the intake tube? and using the A/C system to cool the incoming air in the summertime? You would not need to use it in the winter. I don't know if the gain would be worth it. You might gain back the HP that you lose by running the A/C on a hot day. Sounds like a trade off to me.

Old 07-24-2006, 04:24 PM
noen_newbe
Veteran

yea i see what you mean the whole idea came to me when i was lookin at the clerk fill up mah co2 tank for mah paintball gunn and that where the two tanks came from but the compressor idea i like it just im drawin a blank i cant see the compressor hooking up to the tank but where there is a will there is a way right?

a lil off topic but if my neon gets 108 miles to the half gallon mark is that a good mpg or is that baf i wannt mah gasoline to last me miles because i work 30 miles from my house so it like 60 miles a day

Old 07-24-2006, 04:40 PM
muhl5443
Rookie

well let me say this i get about 230- 250 miles to a half tank of gasbut i also have the 2.0L 5spd... that being either good or bad gas mpg would depend on if you drive city the whole way or highway or both and if u drive w/ the peadl to the floor ornot.

Quick Reply: co2 purge into c.a.i