1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD......

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 12:47 AM
LilRedNeon97
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FOR THE LOVE OF GOD......

i was poking around onthe srt forum site and some of them seem to think that 205/40/17's wont fit on srt4 stock rims. but the 50's wont fit my car...... what the hell is going on? will they fit on those rims? or is ther another size i should be looking for to fit on my 97 neon? please help me!

Old 07-25-2006, 01:40 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD......

they will fit....just trust me on this...dont listen to them...listen to me...
why wouldnt they fit???...the srt rims arent very wide at all so they dont need wide tires or anything
they will work just fine

Old 07-25-2006, 02:33 AM
das2123
Legend

They fit just to reiterate what spud said. Srtforums are good for buying parts only

Old 07-25-2006, 04:09 AM
LilRedNeon97
Professional

oh thank god! those.... bastards had me very worried that i just spent all this money for nothing!.... BASTARDS!![&:] someone said they werent safe. is this true or are they liars?

from the "other site"

Originally Posted by stowaway
Originally Posted by LilRedNeon
i bought from someone stock srt4 rims with 205/50/17 tires on them. will they fit with a different size tire on my first gen neon? what size tire will fit on the rim and on my car?? please help!!!
safely, none.

Old 07-25-2006, 12:11 PM
spudsterier
Legend

they are just being asses....thats one thing you will over time notice about srt4 owners.....they sure are cocky

there is no reason that 205/40's shouldnt fit...they are the same width as the srt tires....just a shorter sidewall

Old 07-25-2006, 12:21 PM
das2123
Legend

ORIGINAL: spudsterier
they are just being asses....thats one thing you will over time notice about srt4 owners.....they sure are cocky
While also being in denial about owning a neon. I have heard "It's not a neon, it's an SRT-4" [:'(]

I like the engine, but the body just doesn't do it for me.

Old 07-25-2006, 01:15 PM
spudsterier
Legend

as soon as the 2000 neon came out..i hated it....looks more like a bubble then the first ones...

they seem to think they are soooooo cool because they have an srt4....now what i am wondering is why???
is it because it has a turbo???
dual exhaust???
17's???
spoiler???
or what???
i mean its not like they are corvettes, vipers, or anything...but they act like its a ferrari or sumthing

i know people with evos ad sti's and none of them are as cocky as srt4 owners......i think this is one of the reasons i dont want one...though my wife does....srt4's are becomming the next civic....everyone has one..and everyone does the same thing to them...cai, bov, drop, different rims.....there arent that many "unique" ones around

they may deny the fact that its a neon..but i love my neon!!!..its plenty fast for a little 4 banger n/a
ram srt/10....now that would be sumthing to be cocky about

Old 07-25-2006, 01:31 PM
das2123
Legend

ORIGINAL: spudsterier
ram srt/10....now that would be sumthing to be cocky about

Old 07-25-2006, 03:37 PM
5.0LTREATER
Rookie

Hold up there das and spud, I happen to own a SRT, but if you will notice, I have only posted about three times on the SRT forum. I spend most of my time here in the first gen section. Why you ask? Because I enjoy my first gen neons more than I do my SRT. They are more fun to drive hard, work on, and give you more satisfaction when you squeeze just a little more out of them. I have always triued to be helpful on this forum, and feel that I ahve never, ever rubbed it in that I own a SRT. Nor have I ever tried to belittle anyone else because they don't.

Also, an SRT owner could reverse your statements and call it "car envy". Please don't get this stuff started on this forum. You both have alot of input here, and need to rise above the bull****. Your statements in no way helped Lilred, but did show that you can be just a petty as alot of the SRT owners that you are talking about. Maybe you should rephrase your statements to say "Alot of SRT owners think they are soooo coool, and are cocky because the own a SRT, but not all of them. Some of them are just good ole boys that enjoy neons regardless of make and/or model.

Lilred, it isn't just SRT owners, you will here all kinds of arguments and trash talk on any forum. This first gen forum is the most friendly forum I have ever seen. This is the reason I enjoy it so much.

Old 07-25-2006, 04:08 PM
das2123
Legend

I didn't mean to imply that all SRT owners all cocky and whatnot, I know the owner of Modern Performance has one and just went back to a 95NYG and is rebuilding it...saved it from a junkyard!!! 1st gens own me. I didn't say all SRT owners are cocky, but merely stated what I have heard over and over again.

Again I love the SRT engine just not the body!

Quick Reply: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD......