1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

smoking

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 08:46 PM
93 tona
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smoking

need linkage grommets to transmission,02 sensors, egr valve. any got how much I live in st louis and my cars smoke every once in a while in idle it a dohc manual. is this cause of the parts i need?

Old 08-01-2006, 09:20 PM
FuzzRacer
Captain
Default RE: smoking

Not really sure on what your saying somewhat but, the smoking could mean that your burning oil somewhere, does it overheat while in idle, does it over heat period? with the things you listed it sounds like your car is probably riding ruff especially with the O2 and egr valve issue, that's part of you emissions and can affect the car how did you come to these issues being possible problems? have you pulled the codes yet? if not then pull the codes and let us know please. hope some of that was helpfull and good luck !!

Old 08-01-2006, 09:56 PM
Whatsrt4
Rookie
Default RE: smoking

It could be because of the ox sensors,my car does that sometimes to.I think it gets a bad reeding and sends the motor more gass than it needs.If it is realy a prob try pulling fuel pump fuse for 30 secs to reset computor.That is a temp fix only though.These cars seem to have very sensative ox sensors

Quick Reply: smoking