1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

ok, here are the new pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 09:38 AM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ok, here are the new pics

ok the wire in the front is for the fog light, i hit a racoon a while ago and it took out the whole fixture, and the clip that holds the wires to the radaitor support is broken, so unless it hangs out the front, it drangs on the ground.....its just chillin until i get a new fog light.

i didnt wax the car because i just took the pic to post it on here, it is gonna be real dirty again within a day or two, since i drive down alot of gravel roads for work.....soon though me and the wife will probally wash it by hand and wax the hell outta it, but no matter how clean i get it, its still gonna look like **** because of the front bumper being messed up and the fenders....notice none of these pics are from the passenger side...

Old 08-14-2006, 11:48 AM
das2123
Legend

ORIGINAL: spudsterier

the muffler is the vibrant performance...but i noticed that it has different tips then the other ones ive seen, but i dont know why..
I know they changed the tips on the Vibrant, but don't know when. I like those rather than the old style.

Old 08-14-2006, 03:24 PM
spudsterier
Legend

you like the new tips???? i didnt know that they changed them until i saw some other pics on here of cars with them, mine was the only one i saw with these....this muffler has a few problems anyways, it has a loud rattle comeing from the inside when you get the rpm's up, one of the braces that hold one of the outlet pipes is cracked through, there is a huge rust stain about 6 inches wide that goes all the way around the muffler, there is rust at one of the mufflers seams, and if you look straight at it from behind the car, the drivers side tip sits in about an inch further then the passenger side...however there are no bent seams or anything...looks like it was built that way.....i am extremely disappointed with this muffler, and modern performance too......i emailed them about all this not too long after i got it....and told them about everything that was wrong with it, and sent the a bunch of pictures of the rust and all that....they emailed me back and said that the brace will usually crack under hard driving conditions, but no comments about anything else.....then i asked them about the rust and about the pics i sent and they told me that they never got any pics....so i re-emailed them to them and they never wrote me back or anything.....that was last october or so, thing that sux is all this went wrong with the muffler about a month after i got it....except for the bent pipe, that was like that when i got it......i dont plan on buying anything else from modern performance

Old 08-14-2006, 03:37 PM
das2123
Legend

That's surprising to me...they usually have great customer service. I got my headlights exchanged from them for free, when they cracked on me.

Old 08-14-2006, 03:42 PM
spudsterier
Legend

i just think it sux because they wouldnt even email me back, i called them once and they never gave me any answer about anything, i just kept chasing my tail....til i just gave up.....i just dont like the fact that i spend like 230.00 on an exhaust that turned into crap a month later.....im gonna go outside real quick and get a pic of the bent in tip....

Old 08-14-2006, 03:53 PM
FuzzRacer
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah me too, when I call they are really helpfull, that sucks what happened to you spud, hope it works out somehow, my exhaust hung about 2 or 3 inches lower on one side, I just used a different size hanger to correct it though

Old 08-14-2006, 04:15 PM
spudsterier
Legend

i guess it doesnt look as bad in the pics since i have a piece of tie wire wrapped around the pipe and then the bumper to pull it back a little more even.....but i think when i get the turbo and all the other jazz, im gonna get the srt4 back section and then the wife will get the vibrant since she likes it.....if i woulda known the muffler was gonna turn out like this, i woulda bought the borla instead...

[IMG]local://upfiles/29901/DDAF1CC6B52D4EC48168526207C5572D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 08-14-2006, 04:20 PM
das2123
Legend

Are the tips chrome?

Old 08-14-2006, 04:24 PM
spudsterier
Legend

yeah, i just need to gut on them with some mothers...its been a while

Old 08-14-2006, 09:41 PM
HabitatHxC
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine worked out well (though custom made) The guys at the exhaust shop did a really good job of keeping everything lined up perfectly and straight. But to drive a dead horse into the ground, here it is again

Quick Reply: ok, here are the new pics