1st Gen Neon 1995 through 1999 Neons

the unthinkable happend

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 03:59 PM
noen_newbe
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: the unthinkable happend

oh ok lol i guess that aside from the clutch and the music i dont have nothingelse i need im going to get the power windows kit and a fold down seat and maybe rims i love spuds neon that shyt looks wicked

Old 09-08-2006, 07:23 PM
spudsterier
Legend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont have much done to it, but it took a long time to get it that way
a stage1 clutch would be a step up from OEM.....it goes: OEM replacement, stage1, stage2, stage3 and so on....

if you still wana use most of your trunk then with 2-10's or even 2-12's you will still have plenty of room....its alot easier and less work just to buy a dual box and not make your own

Old 09-09-2006, 08:31 PM
tomthedog
Captain

the shifting you have been refering to is known as heel and toe. it takes ALOT of practice and most cars do not have the proper pedal placement to do it, nor do many cars have a stout enough trans. this is the basic concept.

the clutch may or may not be used, when first starting USE the clutch (saves your tranny). your heel is the piviot point (on the floor). you operate both the gas and the brake with your right foot, at the same time (until you get REAL good, then left foot brake 'cause you don't need no stink'in clutch). the brake pedal is operated by your big toe, the gas by your pinky toe. as you brake you blip the gas to throttle match.

i'd advise to practice throttle matching first. like said THIS TAKES ALOT OF PRACTICE. you MUST have a good clutch/pressure plate/T-O bearing combo that can take ALOT of abuse. like golf, it's very rewarding when you can get it right.

as far as the box. go buy some poster board, painting sheets (the cheap plastic), bondo, and the canned foam. make the basic shape out of the poster board, line it with the plastic, and fill it with the foam. once you get the foam block shaped the way you want (you can use a reg saw/sandpaper to shape), cover it with bondo. after the bondo cover it in WAX, not a polish (floor wax works). then cover it in glass. if you never laid glass-the trick is to lay the resin first, put down the glass, then lay down more resin untill the glass IS CLEAR. good luck!!

Old 09-10-2006, 02:15 AM
noen_newbe
Veteran

wow that is a lot of work lol first i have to get that clutch i had a good day at work today man, i work on commision so yea man i should be up and runnin by monday of next week depends how long the mechanic take to fix it i hope it wont take a week or something. but depending how much i get back i might go with the dual friction clutch if not with a stage one clutch . how much you think it will cost me to build that box. i mean with everything including the bondo and stuff and all that?

Quick Reply: the unthinkable happend